Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looking for BBQ restaurant recommendations around Deals Gap, NC

Options
Heading to the Tail of the Dragon with our car club and looking for recommendations for some local BBQ restaurants.  I know everything is going to entail a longish drive, but that's kind of the idea of the trip.  Enjoy as many roads and restaurants as possible.

Picture of said car.
Edina, MN

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Is that a Mk4 R32?
  • Budgeezer
    Budgeezer Posts: 669
    Options
    @eggcelsior it is indeed.  Highly modified, HPA EFR turbo, track suspension and and  all the go fast toys.  I'm a track rat!

Edina, MN

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Had to laugh when I looked for Deals Gap on the map. You should have said you were looking for any sign of life! Man, that place is barely a place! :)

However, with that car and this road, you're gonna have fun lookin'!!

My brother used to play bluegrass in Knoxville at a regional chain called Buddy's BBQ. They have several stores in Knoxville and a few others. Closest one appears to be in Marysville TN. As I recall, the Q was pretty good, but it has been a lotta years so don't hold me to it. OTOH, if you are starting in Deals Gap, you take what you can find!. 
    :D

EDIT: Forgot the link... http://www.buddysbarbq.com/

Enjoy!!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Budgeezer
    Options
    @carolina_q you are correct it is remote to say the least.  No cell service, no GPS, no internet so it's going to be all about driving and BBQ.
    Edina, MN

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I rode my Harley on the tail. ..be sure to see the "tree of shame/fame".
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    Budgeezer said:
    @eggcelsior it is indeed.  Highly modified, HPA EFR turbo, track suspension and and  all the go fast toys.  I'm a track rat!

Nice. When I grow up, I want to get an E46 or put an S54 into an E30.

Stupid kids...
  • Budgeezer
    Options
    Budgeezer said:

Nice. When I grow up, I want to get an E46 or put an S54 into an E30.

Stupid kids...
    I love the e30's, a few friends have them.  

I don't have kids so I have to act like one!
    Edina, MN

• Eggcelsior
    Options
    I still act like one. That's why my wife is a mother of three. 

• Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    Bryson City has a pretty good Italian joint, a good local burger place, and a good deli, all on Main Street. I hear there is a good Q place there but haven't ever found it. Cool little town.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Budgeezer
    Options
    How about in Highlands, NC?
    Edina, MN

• HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Options
    Rode the tail on my Harley too - Tail of the Dragon 231 curves in 11 1/2 miles - Florida 11 1/2 curves in 231 miles!

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    We make a yearly trip to the Mountains and ride the Tail every year. Lots of awesome scenery if you are the rider on the back of the bike. I watch the curves too much to see the scenes. We met a RV on one of the switchbacks and I thought I would never get my wife back on the bike.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.