Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Anybody in the Suwanee, GA area?

Just wondering who else might live around here. 

Suwanee, GA

Comments

• KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    Peachtree city, Ga. Here.
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • I live in Demorest, GA about 45 mins north on 985.
    Demorest, Ga.    1MBGE
  • LitLit Posts: 6,893
    Cunning. Lots of local eggers
  • headruschheadrusch Posts: 13
    Winder. Work/School in Gwinnett County. 
  • Gainesville!

• Is anyone local going to the Georgia Mountain Eggfest up in Hiawassee?

• fence0407fence0407 Posts: 1,806
    Alpharetta/Johns Creek/Cumming
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17"
    Cumming, GA  

Is anyone local going to the Georgia Mountain Eggfest up in Hiawassee?
    Planning on it!
    Cumming, GA  

• ResauersResauers Posts: 40
    Johns Creek
    Johns Creek, GA - LBGE
  • GATravellerGATraveller Posts: 5,433
    Peachtree Corners / Norcross

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
    @GATraveller - I pass by a house on the way to work that has an egg on the back deck in that area....could it be?! Doubt it, but I enjoy the view every morning. 
    Cumming, GA  

@fence0407 - not me but if you're referring to the house off Peachtree Corners Circle I am within a stones throw of it.  Am I right?

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • I know that house!

• Live in Cumming
    Cumming, GA
    LBGE
    @GATraveller @BigGreenCraigdotcom I don't think that's the one I'm talking about. The one I see is on Nesbit Ferry Road right before Holcomb Bridge. Just happened to notice it the other week when I was sitting in traffic.
    Cumming, GA  

• stlcharcoalstlcharcoal Posts: 3,072
    Man there are a ton of you guys in that area......no wonder we sell so much charcoal in those parts.  Just a heads up, starting next week it will be available at American Casual Living in Suwanee in addition to the local Ace stores.
    Thanks @stlcharcoal - I'll be picking up a bag at Johns Creek Ace Hardware soon. Still messing with the CyberQ...
    Cumming, GA  

• Lawrenceville here.

Is anyone local going to the Georgia Mountain Eggfest up in Hiawassee?
    My wife has a triathlon that morning in PTC so I'm not sure we'll be able to make.  It pains me greatly to have to miss it. 
  • Man there are a ton of you guys in that area......no wonder we sell so much charcoal in those parts.  Just a heads up, starting next week it will be available at American Casual Living in Suwanee in addition to the local Ace stores.
    I just picked up my first bag of Rockwood from the Ace in Lawrenceville.  I got the last bag they had.  Looking forward to lighting it up!
  • trout1trout1 Posts: 98
    Flowery Branch Yes, I'm planning on going to the Georgia Mountain Eggfest.
  • RLeeperRLeeper Posts: 480
    Tucker currently...soon to be in snellville
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
    stlcharcoal - I'm stopping by my Ace Hardware on the way home from work to pick up another couple of bags today.  

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • mmundy81mmundy81 Posts: 36
    I live in Cumming, as well. Grew up in Gwinnett
  • I am in Suwanee, by Peachtree Ridge High School.
    Suwanee Georgia - suburb north of Atlanta
  • ChuckRChuckR Posts: 236
    I will not head up the GA Mountain eggiest I am getting married that weekend. 
    Suwanee, GA
  • HicHic Posts: 350

I'm in Johns Creek.

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

• sstripes96sstripes96 Posts: 148
    edited March 2014
    Lawrenceville also. Where are you StellarEvo? Picked up 2 bags of Rockwood at the Larryville Ace Hardware and I love it. Lights real fast and very little smoke. Wish it came in bigger chunks tho. I may have to weed thru a few bags and save the bigger chunks for the low and slows.
    Bud
    Large BGE
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • Beagle1Beagle1 Posts: 37
    We're located in Virginia Highland area of Atlanta
    Atlanta, GA and Watts Bar Lake, TN
    2 LBGEs
  • stlcharcoalstlcharcoal Posts: 3,072
    Lawrenceville also. Where are you StellarEvo? Picked up 2 bags of Rockwood at the Larryville Ace Hardware and I love it. Lights real fast and very little smoke. Wish it came in bigger chunks tho. I may have to weed thru a few bags and save the bigger chunks for the low and slows.

With that high of a carbon content, it all burns the same.  As long as that air can get to it, and around it, it will burn.  If you have not replaced your fire grate yet, that's the easiest fix for ANY charcoal on low and slow.

It comes out of the plant with bigger chunks than you see, but after a thousand miles of travel, it breaks down.  If we underkilned it, it would make it into the homes with the bigger chunks.  But then you would be paying for more wood fiber and less charcoal; which in turn, would produce more smoke, more ash, and not light as fast.

• ResauersResauers Posts: 40
    The Rockwood I use has large chunks, I love the stuff. Switched from Kroger brand when I found something furry and pine tree branch in the bag, took it back. Guys at Ace hardware in Johns Creek recommended Rockwood and I haven't been disappointed. I also purchased the grate from on eBay and that made a big difference on my cooks.
    http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=271146025813
    Johns Creek, GA - LBGE