Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

loss of control

Options
char buddy
char buddy Posts: 562
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This whole episode with the web going down has left me shaken. [p]I think I'll steady my nerves with a buffalo chicken wings grill tonight. Yeah, I'll grill'em for 45 minutes or so, taken'em off and sauce'em up in butter and Frank's hot sauce, then put'em back for 30 minutes or so at 280-300. [p]While I'm waiting to do my wings, I keep calm by remembering last night. I live outside Philly and I've come to really appreciate my town a lot more since I got the egg. We have bunches of farmer markets with seriously fresh chickens and veggies. The Jamison's lamb farm is not too far away, but I haven't tried anything from them yet. We also have the Reading Terminal Market downtown, which looks a lot like a food court they might have had in the movie Blade Runner. Noodle bars next to cheese steak stands, next to good ice cream places, next to flower stalls, next to cookie shops, next to fish mongers, next to....[p]Anyway I went down there on a whim and came back with two prime sirloin strip steaks that had been dry-aged for six weeks for $9 a pound. (These should cost somewhere between $12 and $15 a pound). The shop owner told me that some politician had had them set aside for a dinner party, but with the police thing we're having, plus the Republicans coming to town, the politician hadn't been able to pick'em up. Would I like'em? [p]I put'em on the egg as the needle went way past 750 - I'm guessing 900 or so. Two minutes one side, two minutes the other side, two minutes to dwell - and they still came out a little more past rare than I wanted. I opened up a good bordeaux and got through the night without the forum. [p]When I woke up and found the forum still down, it was almost more than I could take. That's when I began planning the wings. [p]And I keep saying to myself, it'll all be ok, it'll all be ok.......

Comments

• Bama Fire
    Bama Fire Posts: 267
    Options
    char buddy,
    Forum withdrawal is hell, ain't it? I've been suffering too![p]Last night I cooked up 2 slabs of pork spare ribs. Pulled off the membrane -- coated one in some mustard the other I just left plain.[p]I cooked them indirect at 300 - 360 for about three hours, flipping every 45 mintues or so.[p]During the last 30 minutes, I mopped the mustard slab with Dan T's Rasberry Chipotle grilling sauce. I still leave the other slab plain.[p]took off the plain slab and mopped it with a warm solution of red wine vinegar and water then sprinkled it with Rendesvous dry rub.[p]WOW!! What two great, but different, tasting ribs! I've got plenty more for dinner tonight, too.[p]Oh, I didn't use any smoke either. Not sure why -- I just didn't.[p]I WILL do the plain ribs again bathed in vinegar and water and sprinkled with rub. DELICOUS!!!

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    char buddy,[p]I spent the evening planning the weekend and the food I'll need to cook. Oh yeah, I smoked 6 pounds of brisket jerkey too. I plan on doing the remaining 5 pounds tonight, it was a nice brisket, and it was only SIXTY NINE CENTS A POUND. I got a few of them.[p]This weekend is the annual float trip, we have a bunch (20-30) friends that get together in SE Missouri and take a tube trip down the river. Lots of fun, lots of food, lots of friends, a little bit of barley pop, just doesnt get any better than that. I have about 10 chicken breasts that I'll cook tomorrow evening for sammiches, have some frozen Butt (cooked) that I'll thaw.[p]Weather looks like it will hold for us, beer is cold, meat is getting cooked. Should be a fantastic weekend.[p]This being said, I was hoping to hop on the forum to ask about a good jerkey recipe, thought I'd be adventurous. But, ended up using an old standby, river city, sure is good. Work kept me busy this morning and when I actually tried to get on, it must have JUST come back up cause I was the first post it looked like. Thanks again to WMK, your hard work does not go unnoticed.[p]Troy