Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Big Ragu's simple beer can whole duck (with pictures)

Used a slightly modified recipe from Cooks a illustrated grill book ginger soy drilled duck. Steamed duck for 30 min then oiled and seasoned lightly. The soy glaze goes on late in the process and does not impact flavor much. I cooked this on a can of orange soda with some wine added. The biggest change from book recipe was the beer can method. This is the 3rd time that I have cooked beer can duck with great results. Here is the best part.... Ate the duck breasts with some jasmine rice and grilled bok choy for dinner one night. Then Mrs. Ragu used the dark meat to make duck wonton nachos with cilantro drizzle for dinner two nights later. $10 for the duck at RD and got two solid meals. Who said duck is too much money and trouble to bother. Not my favorite bird but a great change from time to time.

Comments