Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just an observation

Options
I like to roam the North Georgia area and play golf on the weekends with my friends. After getting my egg last year I started to notice how many eggs I saw on the back decks of houses on the golf course! Cheers to those of you who have the pleasure of a nice golf course view and an egg!

Just an observation!
Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
Cumming, GA  

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Wife and I have been house hunting. We see eggs everywhere. Have even seen listings with eggs in the backyard and one house we looked at we could see the neighbors egg. We are OTP North.
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    Options
    @Lit - I'm in the same area and see them on virtually every golf course I've played. Guess it's kind of like noticing a particular model of car when you are interested in owning one. 
    Cumming, GA  

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I was watching House Hunters last night with SWMBO. Some couple in Columbus. OH were looking for a home and one of the places had an Egg under a Pergola. I geeked out.
  • AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    Options
    LOL, i have not met anyone here, or do I know anyone who has even heard of the BGE. I have pictures up on my BB status of cooks and they all say "what the hell are you cooking on".
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • GoVols
    GoVols Posts: 216
    Options
    +1 on golf and egging
    Tim Rickman,Tn.
  • tjosborne
    tjosborne Posts: 529
    Options
    I replace windows in houses in central to western NE. I go to a new house almost every day, but I have never seen an egg, but tons of traegers or weber gasers. Of course though this is also where everybody is a bud light snob as well. I guess everybody cannot grill and drink right.
    middle of nowhere- G.I. NE
  • fence0407
    Options
    GoVols said:
    +1 on golf and egging
    +2!
    Cumming, GA  

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Bud light snob? Govt intelligence? McDonald's service? Sober egger?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Yeah, what xactly is a "bud light snob"?  Maybe the only other beer they've ever had was in a white generic can that just said "BEER"?
    Options
    Yeah, what xactly is a "bud light snob"?  Maybe the only other beer they've ever had was in a white generic can that just said "BEER"?
    I remember that beer from high school.  It was sold at A&P I think….it was terrible but we were kids and had no $

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    The stuff I remember was made by the Pearl Brewing company in San Antonio and sold by either HEB, Albertsons or Krogers.  Last time I saw it was in the early 80s.  Also, they featured it in the movie Repo Man.
    Options
    Took the dog for a walk the other night with SWMBO and noticed a distant neighbor had an egg sitting in their garage in a table. Would have stopped to chat had someone been outside. Maybe next time!

Wonder if there are other's in my neighborhood hiding?? 
    Cumming, GA  

• MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
    Options
    I'm a shankapotomous when I golf. Big time. Once sliced an approach shot onto someone's patio and nailed their gasser. Bang!!! Heh...
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• fence0407
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I'm a shankapotomous when I golf. Big time. Once sliced an approach shot onto someone's patio and nailed their gasser. Bang!!! Heh...
    =D>
    Cumming, GA  

• tjosborne
    tjosborne Posts: 529
    Options

I'm talking about the people who make some smartass comment at the store while trying to buy beer that isn't a bud product, or offering somebody a beer and as soon as they see what it is its " Nope I don't drink that ****. If it isn't bud light its swill".

I actually did see an xl about a month back. After this thread came up I started looking closer.

middle of nowhere- G.I. NE
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited May 2014
    Options
    The guy that lives behind me has a LBGE but in 3 years i've never seen it smoking.....not even once.  Real shame.  Thinking about repossessing it and giving it to someone who'll put it to good use!!!   >:)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • fence0407
    Options
    @GATraveller - let me know when that happens! 
    Cumming, GA  

• cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Options
    My dealer is 3 miles from my house. He says he sells tons of eggs but I've yet to see one. I build decks during the summer months and have views of tons of backyards. No egg sightings yet. A buddy of mine saw one when he was house hunting a few weeks ago.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Just thinking out loud ...

I think when you see someone who owns a BGE, it's says alot about who they are. Using a BGE is not a simple thing (at first) there's quite a learning curve, that's not to say people who use charcoal and or gas grills are 'dumb' but, I think just 'bout anyone can light a fire, throw some dogs and burgers on and call it a meal.

The BGE take's a bit of finesse to use and master.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • fence0407
    Options
    Well said @SoCalTim - went to Lake Lanier this past Saturday and saw many a non-bge grill. Made me want to go buy a small (minimax when they come out, of course) and show them how it's done!

In the end though, its all just for some hot air, right?
    Cumming, GA  

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Friends neighbors egg. Was given to him from some business partners. "Oh we've used it a few times". I would have never guessed. I thought the nest sinking into the soil was normal. My bad :))
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • fence0407
    Options
    @WeberWho? lol! That XL would compliment my LG - send it over!
    Cumming, GA  

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    fence0407 said:

I've been tempted to ask if they would sell it. It sits on their side of the house and is more less hidden away out of sight. Sad to see a nice XL Egg not in use. I bet it's seen less than 5 cooks on it. Had to take a pic when over at there place. Such a sad sight
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • fence0407
    Options
    WeberWho? said:
    I've been tempted to ask if they would sell it. It sits on their side of the house and is more less hidden away out of sight. Sad to see a nice XL Egg not in use. I bet it's seen less than 5 cooks on it. Had to take a pic when over at there place. Such a sad sight
    I'd ask - couldn't hurt!
    Cumming, GA  

• bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,189
    Options
    4 houses on my Lane, 2 of us own Eggs, 1 wants one badly and the 4th is moving out soon.  Eventually we will rule the world. BWAHAHAHA!
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    fence0407 said:
    I like to roam the North Georgia area and play golf on the weekends with my friends. After getting my egg last year I started to notice how many eggs I saw on the back decks of houses on the golf course! Cheers to those of you who have the pleasure of a nice golf course view and an egg!

Just an observation!
    Recently moved to Texas and live on a golf course.  My two eggs are smoking the golfers on a daily basis...Might have to open up a food stand..  LOL!!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    SoCalTim said:
    Just thinking out loud ...

I think when you see someone who owns a BGE, it's says alot about who they are. Using a BGE is not a simple thing (at first) there's quite a learning curve, that's not to say people who use charcoal and or gas grills are 'dumb' but, I think just 'bout anyone can light a fire, throw some dogs and burgers on and call it a meal.

The BGE take's a bit of finesse to use and master.

Don't recall much, if any, learning curve when transitioning to the egg.  The egg stupefies an already straightforward approach in live-fire cooking.  In experiences up to this point, it takes more finesse on the others to work magic.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."