Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My VOC reducer/lump filter

Let me start by saying I have NO scientific evidence this works, but it seems to work for me. It only takes an extra minute or so to filter it so why not give it a try?  the buckets are $2.95 from home depot.

I noticed that when I dumped a bag of lump in my egg and it was towards the end of the bag and there were lots of little pieces and dust, the "VOC's" took longer to burn off.  So, I created this handy contraption.  I drilled 1 inch holes in a bucket.  Put that bucket into another bucket and dump your lump in.  Shake it, rattle it etc and get all the dust to go into the bottom bucket.  pour the filtered lump into egg and viola!  To me, it seems to be ready to cook faster and the "bad" smoke seems to burn off faster.  maybe its all in my head!

Comments