Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Possible Egg Table

Might be one in the near future. Mrs. G wants me to build an outside dining table first. Have I mentioned I have almost close to absolutely no wood working skills? This should be fun.imageimage

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    I can't wait to see how it turns out!!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Lack of skills are not so much a deal, if you really think things out.  Lack of tools is a big problem.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Might have to borrow tools from my brother. And his help. I think the pallet on the right could work for her table. Slap some legs on it, sand it done and seal it and it could be a 4 person table. Taking the other pallets apart could involve some work. And many, many cold beers.

Rowlett, Texas

• TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    edited February 2014
    So thats the table? It's already stacked at eating height.

Did I see you on Harry Hines today pulling pallets of this truck.image

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Griffin
    You spotted me!!

Rowlett, Texas

• GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    Funny but true, was in Lowes the other day and they have a how to book on making stuff with pallets!
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • FYI some pallets are treated so not so good for putting food on. :-)
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    You provide the beers...pbr, I'll bring the tools.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,458
    edited February 2014
    Have fun Griffin.

I dumpster-dove at a neighbourhood grocery store couple of years ago ... dismantled a large sprawling custom made display rack system and ended up with a nice pile of dressed maple hardwood... one of these days I'll put them to use, heck I can even use the scraps for smoking!
    canuckland
  • I made a nice table out of a pallet once! turned out very nice. used some 4x4 and fence post toppings for the legs! :)
    Brandon, MS
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    In on this , good luck.
    Seattle, WA
  • Have fun Griffin.

I dumpster-dove at a neighbourhood grocery store couple of years ago ... dismantled a large sprawling custom made display rack system and ended up with a nice pile of dressed maple hardwood... one of these days I'll put them to use, heck I can even use the scraps for smoking!
    I used to scrounge mahogany from the crates our local Suzuki motorcycle shop got the bikes.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    That pile of pallets has potential. I honored in redneck carpentry. Bring all that to Salado and we should be able to send you home with some furniture. :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • You can do it. We all have to start somewhere. My first tool was a roto zip and I thought I could build anything with it. (I couldn't). I've progressed since then and now have a cabinet shop in my garage and have built over 50 decks.

For my table I used a circular saw. A tape measure, a drill and a pencil. You don't need high end carpentry tools to build an egg table, even with pallets.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    caliking said:
    That pile of pallets has potential. I honored in redneck carpentry. Bring all that to Salado and we should be able to send you home with some furniture. :)
    Now that would be very interesting!

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• henapple
    Lowes has decorative porch post...cut down and wallah. Nice sturdy table legs. I've built dance stage props for years so cali and I can come up with something.
  • henapple
    I made a faux baby grand and used these..cut the bottom off to length.
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    When I saw him on harry hines he had a truck load of something else. ( if your not from around Dallas... harry hines has always been known for hookers)

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • caliking
    I'm not responsible for what @henapple builds after the PBR's. 

• henapple
    That's when I do my best work. Projects, sex and shooting are always better after a few...six packs.

• Griffin
    Bought a sander and some other stuff. Couple pallets broken down. The pallet on the right is going to make a perfect "rustic" table. Started sanding it down. Gonna get some 4x4s, cut 'em down and slap them on. Stain it and seal it and it'll be done. Then we'll start on the egg table.

Did I mention all this is a result of me thinking aloud? I mentioned picking up an aging barrel and trying to home age some moonshine or tequila or something. The wife said you don't need another hobby, build me something like I've been hinting at. On the plus side, she said me building her something was hot (like anything I do is hot). We'll see if my hard work pays off.

Oh...and now she's got a Pinterest list of shiat for me to build. Great. At least she's cooking dinner.

Rowlett, Texas

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    My wife loves pinterest **** lists. You have no idea.
  • caliking
    Griffin said:
    ...she said me building her something was hot (like anything I do is hot). We'll see if my hard work pays off. Oh...and now she's got a Pinterest list of shiat for me to build. Great. At least she's cooking dinner.
    At this point I don't think it matters what you make, it sounds like you're already winning. 

• Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    edited February 2014
    henapple said:
    That's when I do my best work. Projects, sex and shooting are always better after a few...six packs.

you know, when we first met, in the parkin lot of Costco,  (will spare the details of this) you were packin. Were you drunk as well?

This explains a lot!!!!!

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Aviator said:

henapple said:

you know, when we first met, in the parkin lot of Costco,  (will spare the details of this) you were packin. Were you drunk as well?

This explains a lot!!!!!

Are you sure he wasn't just happy to see you?
  • caliking
    @Aviator - did you make it back home... chaste? I hear PBR beer goggles are wicked. 

• henapple
    Hk p30. ..always.