Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

thanks for the egg

No power because of ice storm over 10,000 without power in our county.Thanks to one of my eggs gonna still have a good dinner.Baked potatoes,bell peppers and ribeye steaks.

Comments

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Where you at?? We are getting freezing rain now on top of the snow

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • The storm will be hitting us here in central PA tonight.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Where you at?? We are getting freezing rain now on top of the snow
    30 miles north of Memphis Tenn.
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    After cleaning 8 inches of heavy wet snow off the driveway and front sidewalks yesterday, didn't have it in me to shovel off the patio.  Resigned myself to no Egging for a while.  With @cortguitarman here in Central PA, and looking at 4-6 inches more snow tonight followed by up to 1/2 to 1 inch of ice.  With all the snow already on the trees (pics are from yesterday) adding some ice will surely result in downed branches and power outages.  Decided to err on the safe side, and shoveled a path to the Egg, loaded it up with lump and I'm ready to go. Can't wait for the Nor'Easter coming this weekend.  Damn groundhog.
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Thanks for the reminder. With the ice on the way I wanted to foil my gasket and had almost forgot. All set for the ice tomorrow.image
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Yep.  Getting the snow, freezing rain combo right now.  As long as we don't lose power I'm okay.  Already cleared to not come in to work tomorrow.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    About to head out and throw my cover on the egg for the first time since I got it almost two years ago...

Figuring at least we'll eat good if the power goes out... looking at 3-6" of snow followed by 1/2" or more of ice
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,318
    I'm "all in" with taking out the ground hog... :)>-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Every damn winter I tell myself I need to go to a warmer climate ... one of these years maybe it'll happen
    My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Go ahead. ..
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • GQuiz
    GQuiz Posts: 701
    Every damn winter I tell myself I need to go to a warmer climate ... one of these years maybe it'll happen

We're looking at freezing drizzle down here. Don't sound like much. But in SA, we use the salt to rim the Rita glasses, not spread it from the back of a truck. A little ice is a mess. Stay safe up yonder.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Tjcoley said:

After cleaning 8 inches of heavy wet snow off the driveway and front sidewalks yesterday, didn't have it in me to shovel off the patio.  Resigned myself to no Egging for a while.  With @cortguitarman here in Central PA, and looking at 4-6 inches more snow tonight followed by up to 1/2 to 1 inch of ice.  With all the snow already on the trees (pics are from yesterday) adding some ice will surely result in downed branches and power outages.  Decided to err on the safe side, and shoveled a path to the Egg, loaded it up with lump and I'm ready to go. Can't wait for the Nor'Easter coming this weekend.  Damn groundhog.

We got about 6 here in Maryland. The freezing rain started about an hour ago. Expecting 1-2 inches of snow and 1/3 inch of ice. Might be off tomorrow as I don't eff with the slick stuff unless I'm wearing something with metal edges. I can't wait for this weekend though! Phil is cool with me.