Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Atlanta - Weather

Options
Well folks, I'm sure you have all heard by now but I'm here to tell you Atlanta was JACKED-UP (nice version) the past couple of days.
Complete shutdowns of major road systems all over the metro area. Hats off to the Mrs. for grabbing some ground beef while shopping on Monday, I have been off work since Tuesday at noon but did not dare to venture out to grab a 10lb. butt however I probably would have paid big $$$$$ for a hunk of meat for the egg. We did have some killer burgers..........but that was only one meal.

P.S. All 11 of the salt trucks were out.................
Atlanta, GA  - LBGE -

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    He he.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • tybeelucy2
    Options
    I've never seen anything like that traffic. It took me 4 hours to get home, 15 miles. But luckily we were all stocked up on groceries, though my husband tried to eat everything in the past two days. I had to banish him from the kitchen before we ran out of food.
    LBGE- Atlanta, LBGE and SBGE- Ellijay, GA
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    henapple said:

He he.

Football isn't everything, henapple.
  • Justacookin
    Options
    I can deal with -22 with a wind chill -50 Fahrenheit I would not enjoy sitting in my truck all night. Hope it gets better down there soon. 
    XL & waiting for my Mini Max Bloomington MN.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options

henapple said:

He he.

Football isn't everything, henapple.
    Bull sh%t...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    There has been a cold snap here as well, I am almost tempted to put some sock on.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• ATLJack
    ATLJack Posts: 16
    Options
    After a 3 hour commute home that should have taken 30 minutes I threw a couple spatchcock chickens on the egg. I've lived in Boston, NY, DC, and Denver and I have never seen anything like what happened in Atlanta the other day. The national media seems to be pointing fingers and laughing at us but the truth is that it was 60 degrees this past weekend which warmed the ground. When the snow fell it immediately melted, but then froze because it was 30 degrees outside. That resulted in ice covered roads, which even Boston would have struggled with. In northern climates the ground is frozen so the snow doesn't melt when it hits the ground and therefore doesn't turn to ice.
  • Acorn
    Acorn Posts: 163
    Options
    Its been a mess, that sums it all up!!!
    Its going to be 64 this weekend.......Superbowl-
    Atlanta, GA  - LBGE -
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    ATLJack said:
    After a 3 hour commute home that should have taken 30 minutes I threw a couple spatchcock chickens on the egg. I've lived in Boston, NY, DC, and Denver and I have never seen anything like what happened in Atlanta the other day. The national media seems to be pointing fingers and laughing at us but the truth is that it was 60 degrees this past weekend which warmed the ground. When the snow fell it immediately melted, but then froze because it was 30 degrees outside. That resulted in ice covered roads, which even Boston would have struggled with. In northern climates the ground is frozen so the snow doesn't melt when it hits the ground and therefore doesn't turn to ice.
    Agreed, the perfect storm, not for Atlanta, but a perfect storm. Was in Chicagoland for the big snows of '77 and '78. Even as a snow seasoned Canuck I had trouble with it, warm ground, everything turns to ice and too many cars, no hope for the snow removal crews. Hope all the Atlanta Eggers are OK. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Options
    People in my office laughed at me when I left work Tuesday at 11 Am. My usual 40 minute trip home took me 2 hours. Many of my coworkers didn't get home till 8 or 9 PM and one at 2AM Wed morning.
    They are not laughing now!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    People in my office laughed at me when I left work Tuesday at 11 Am. My usual 40 minute trip home took me 2 hours. Many of my coworkers didn't get home till 8 or 9 PM and one at 2AM Wed morning.
    They are not laughing now!
    But you are!  >:)
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Acorn said:
    Well folks, I'm sure you have all heard by now but I'm here to tell you Atlanta was JACKED-UP (nice version) the past couple of days.
    Complete shutdowns of major road systems all over the metro area. Hats off to the Mrs. for grabbing some ground beef while shopping on Monday, I have been off work since Tuesday at noon but did not dare to venture out to grab a 10lb. butt however I probably would have paid big $$$$$ for a hunk of meat for the egg. We did have some killer burgers..........but that was only one meal.

P.S. All 11 of the salt trucks were out.................

We have more trucks than that in my little town of 25,000

Steve 

Caledon, ON