Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A good dealer in Maryland?

tenorman
tenorman Posts: 23
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Hi all,

I am soon planning to be a new BGE owner, looking for a Large Egg.  If you are in Maryland, who is a good dealer to purchase from?  I want to make sure whoever I buy it from will be solidly behind me in the event I have any problems.  I have looked at Ace Hardware and Offenbacher's so far.  The salesman at Offenbacher's fell way short for making me comfortable that his company would stand behind my purchase and they offered no incentive beyond MSRP.  I was surprised, maybe I just didn't get a good salesman?  At least Ace is willing to negotiate a nest and plate.

Any suggestions, feedback?

Thanks,
KC

Comments

• baywulf
    baywulf Posts: 12
    If you are near Annapolis check out Chesepeake Spas. I purchased my set up there and got 15% off. Good people to deal with and have been around a while.
  • frankie482
    frankie482 Posts: 263
    The best prices I have found are at (and don't laugh) Catonsville Auto parts. Watsons Garden Center in Lutherville has a lot of good stuff too. Not sure where you are but I have an XL I'm looking to sell.
  • tenorman
    Thanks!  All are in easy driving range for me, I'm in Howard County.
  • Glyndon Gardens in Reisterstown. Bought my xl egg there on 7/22. Great to deal with.
  • Firemanyz
    Firemanyz Posts: 907
    Hello all this will be my first post, but one I did a lot of research for before I bought my egg last month. Here we go. Not sure where you live in maryland but there is a place in Lewes DE, Teller wines that sells eggs. They have great prices and no sales tax, I know an xl was 900 and think the large was 700. Then the regular prices for the plate setter and nest. Overall their price was the best due to no sales tax, but I ended up buying at Clark's Ace Hardware. Their price for the xl was 1099 and this included the plate setter and nest. If you do not want the nest and setter they will take 20% off the price, so the xl would be 880 plus tax. The reason I went to Clark's was it is a Ace Hardware and I was able to trade in my Discover Card cash back bonus dollars for Ace gift cards. Discover would give you a $50 gift card for $40 of your cash back bonus dollars. Basically you are getting a 20% discount. I traded in $1080 in bonus dollars and got $1350 in gift cards. $1350 got me an xl egg, plate setter, nest, ash tool, pizza stone, 2 bags of lump, pizza peel, and 2 pool noodles (for my kids 2 and 3.5 who were with me and well behaved). All this and I still had $.24 left on he last card. When I payed with the gift cards the guy at the register looked at me as if I has robbed a store for gift cards. Told him what I did and he said great. So in the end I came out of pocket nothing to get the best grill ever. PS also ace gives you 2% back in ace rewards to use later. Guess that will buy me another bag of lump. Hope this helps.
  • tenorman
    Hello all this will be my first post, but one I did a lot of research for before I bought my egg last month. Here we go. Not sure where you live in maryland but there is a place in Lewes DE, Teller wines that sells eggs. They have great prices and no sales tax, I know an xl was 900 and think the large was 700. Then the regular prices for the plate setter and nest. Overall their price was the best due to no sales tax, but I ended up buying at Clark's Ace Hardware. Their price for the xl was 1099 and this included the plate setter and nest. If you do not want the nest and setter they will take 20% off the price, so the xl would be 880 plus tax. The reason I went to Clark's was it is a Ace Hardware and I was able to trade in my Discover Card cash back bonus dollars for Ace gift cards. Discover would give you a $50 gift card for $40 of your cash back bonus dollars. Basically you are getting a 20% discount. I traded in $1080 in bonus dollars and got $1350 in gift cards. $1350 got me an xl egg, plate setter, nest, ash tool, pizza stone, 2 bags of lump, pizza peel, and 2 pool noodles (for my kids 2 and 3.5 who were with me and well behaved). All this and I still had $.24 left on he last card. When I payed with the gift cards the guy at the register looked at me as if I has robbed a store for gift cards. Told him what I did and he said great. So in the end I came out of pocket nothing to get the best grill ever. PS also ace gives you 2% back in ace rewards to use later. Guess that will buy me another bag of lump. Hope this helps.
    Excellent, well-played!  You did great.  I ended up going to Ace, too, because they were so close although Catonsville Auto has comparable pricing.  Thanks again to all on this forum for your help.
    I got the LBGE with nest, handler, plate setter.
  • Thanks for the advice in helping me make a choice.  Chose Glyndon Gardens, great price and great service.  I decided to dive head first and pick up an LBGE, with table nest, plate setter, and the cooking island.

LBGE

Reisterstown, MD

• Firemanyz
    Firemanyz Posts: 907
    @bmoredan that's great you will not ever look back. If you have a gas grill plan on selling it or giving it to someone as the chances of using it again are slim. I had an $800 stainless grill that I gave my brother in exchange for him to buy my egg a cover. Glad we could help. Now I'll wait to see pics of your first cook. As they say all over this form if there are no pics it did not happen.
  • Clark's is usually the cheapest, if you find a better deal tell them, they might beat it.
    Large BGE Middletown, MD
  • Clark's Ace Hardware
    Gambrills,Maryland

• Glyndon was cheaper than Clark's by a couple of hundred.

LBGE

Reisterstown, MD

• DIAD
    DIAD Posts: 187
    I went to Clarks a few weeks ago.  Brendan is the guy.  Very helpful and worked with me on the price.  Their website has a 10% off accessories coupon on it too. 

Enjoy!
    Chester, MD