Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turbo Ribs "Check"

Grillmagic
Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
Well that was easy, 350 indirect rubbed with DP Dizzy Dust. 1 Hr meat side up then flipped for 1 Hr then smeared with Sweet Baby Rays for 15 minutes longer. Very good and Very easy! I'm not sure they were any better than 3-2-1 but I will be doing them again this way when time is a concern
Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Never saw where anyone said they were better. To me just as good and 4 hours faster is fine anytime. Yours look good.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
    Hey Mickey I sorta followed the method you shared/posted and they were as good as 3-2-1 main difference was 3-2-1 for me are fall off the bone and these had a better bite, all the meat came off the bone just fine and there ease in cooking may make them my go to. My wife also thought they were great. I realize that fall off the bone is a no no in some circles and would recommend that if you haven't tried this method you should. Turbo Butt is next for the Super Bowl. Thanks for posting the method.
    Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    3-2-1 fall off the bone because the ribs are being steamed/boiled for part of the cooked.  You could foil for the last 30 minutes (prior to the sauce) if you want that texture.  Alternatively, another 15 minutes with the suace on them may make them more fall off the bone like.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited January 2014

Grillmagic  I am in the "better bite" camp anyway.

We will all sing camp songs after your Turbo Butt. Then Turbo Beef Ribs and last but not least is Travis's Turbo Brisket. These are all the reasons I sold my Digi Q and gave away my Party Q........ But most important is I get to sleep at night (all night).......

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,173
    The very big down-side to any turbo cook is the significantly reduced SWMBO eggscape time that is fueled by adult supervisory beverages. FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.