Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Big Green Egg Stainless Steel Top for Lattice Table

Options
Has anybody tried out the Stainless Steel Table Top that BGE markets for its lattice table (made for large green egg)?  If so, is it worthwhile to buy?  I really like the idea of having  surface that's stain free and easy to clean.

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Does anyone know the dimensions of the ss top?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Things I would ask:

What gauge is it?
    Cost?
    Cost compared to tile, stone, concrete?

While stainless steel is resistant to stains it's not impervious to them. It will also scratch and dent depending on the thickness. It will also get extremely hot in the summer sun.

Just a few thoughts. Hopefully some folks on here will chime in.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options

If that thing is made by BGE it costs too much. Look for other SS tables in my opinion unless you dont care about the cost. Maybe a restaurant going out of business or something. I recall someone getting a nice stainless table from a restaurant on here. @BOWHUNR has a nice SS table too.

My first choice would be concrete though. For now, I just egg on my porch in my nests. Flagstone patio is in the plans for me. Hopefully in 2014.

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Philwilhelm
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback everyone.  Just looking for a top for my existing table - not getting a new one. I think it fits over top of the existing wood table top.  Anyway, I live in northern Canada and my egg is in the shade, so overheating typically won't be a problem.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Another option is contacting a stainless steel and metal shop....I have things fabricated all of the time.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • wolfetone
    Options
    4 years later.....Do they still sell these stainless tops for the Authentic BGE Cypress Table (Large)????
    Tiocfaidh!
    Support 26+6=1 United Ireland
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    wolfetone said:
    4 years later.....Do they still sell these stainless tops for the Authentic BGE Cypress Table (Large)????
    No longer made but you might be able to find a dealer or distributor with old stock still available. We sold our last couple a year or so ago.