Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thermometer stuck...

Options
So I was cooking all day and the thermometer worked fine. Now the Egg is all cooled down, but the temp is stuck at 250º.

Any advice? Maybe it will work again the next time I fire it up?

If it's broken, will I be able to get a new one for free if I bring it to the store? I bought the Egg back in June.

Thanks!

Comments

• RLeeper
    RLeeper Posts: 480
    Options
    How long has it been cooling?
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    edited December 2013
    Options
    That's rather unusual. What temperature were you egging at today? If just bought in June then that should say Tel-Tru on the face and those are real good thermometers, but I suppose you could have found a lemon. I'd ask my dealer if I were you. Good luck!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    What did it read before you lit the Egg?
    krames Posts: 70
    Options
    I had mine stick before and I called the mothership. They said to calibrate it and if it was still broken they would replace it if it was under a year old. The calibration worked for me.
  • SickEyeDiaz
    Options
    It was all the way down below the zero mark when I lit it, and it's been cooling for 12 hours now and still reads 250.

I'll try to calibrate it later. Thanks!
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    If your dealer is close, I'd take it in reading 250º like it is. Thermos are warrantied for a year, so all is good. If it read low to start and then freezes at 250º, calibration might help for short term but if you can get a new one, do it. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!