Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just curious how many different brands of Smokers are represented

I have 2 BGE's (XL and small), a Jambo Backyard and a Backwoods Patio. I was looking at a Weber Smokey Joe the other day and wondered if anyone else was as crazy as me!

Comments

• I gave up my old Weber kettle when I got the egg.
    Franklin, TN
    Large BGE+PSWoo2
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    I still have & use my 18 1/2" WSM.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• I've comepeted against WSMs but never cooked on one

• Chargriller but hardly ever use it since I have an egg.
  • biznork
    biznork Posts: 112
    I really lust after the jambo backyard model. The only thing that keeps me from pulling the trigger is the fact that it's almost impossible to find wood here without driving a long distance.
  • biznork said:
    I really lust after the jambo backyard model. The only thing that keeps me from pulling the trigger is the fact that it's almost impossible to find wood here without driving a long distance.

Where do you live?
  • Three BGEs and a Treager, which we have used around 3x. It needs to go!
    LBGE- Atlanta, LBGE and SBGE- Ellijay, GA
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    edited December 2013
    My Smokey Joe I use weekly after softball games. I was bringing my small to games but became too much of a hassle. Especially when it's only for brats and burgers.

My other grill is a 1950's Royal Chef pig grill. Never used. Can't find much info on it. I did read somewhere that they could be won as a grand prize at certain carnivals. Saw it on Craigslist and had to have it. Sits in my living room as a decoration.

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • WeberWho? said:
    My Smokey Joe I use weekly after softball games. I was bringing my small to games but became too much of a hassle. Especially when it's only for brats and burgers. My other grill is a 1950's Royal Chef pig grill. Never used. Can't find much info on it. I did read somewhere that they could be won as a grand prize at certain carnivals. Saw it on Craigslist and had to have it. Sits in my living room as a decoration.
    That's awesome, my wife would never let me have that in the living room! 

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• WeberWho

WeberWho? said:

My Smokey Joe I use weekly after softball games. I was bringing my small to games but became too much of a hassle. Especially when it's only for brats and burgers.

My other grill is a 1950's Royal Chef pig grill. Never used. Can't find much info on it. I did read somewhere that they could be won as a grand prize at certain carnivals. Saw it on Craigslist and had to have it. Sits in my living room as a decoration.

That's awesome, my wife would never let me have that in the living room! 

The pig disappears every once in awhile from the living room. I think she thinks I'm going to forget about it. Which usually happens. It's a good conversation piece. Plus I don't ever hear anyone wanting to talk about her decorations in the family room! :-\"
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    BGEs: XL, L, S, Mini
    Imperial Kamado 18"
    Superior Smokers SS-2
    Hasty-Bake Gourmet
    Weber 18.5" WSM, Summit S-620 NG, Go Anywhere
    Ugly Drum Smoker

Yes, I have an addiction.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Have a Bradley with a cold smoke adaptor kit. I use it both for hot smokes and cold smokes. The egg gets used a bit more but I love my Bradley also
    Jefferson .GA.  
    Been egging since 1985 on a medium egg
  • R2Egg2Q said:
    BGEs: XL, L, S, Mini Imperial Kamado 18" Superior Smokers SS-2 Hasty-Bake Gourmet Weber 18.5" WSM, Summit S-620 NG, Go Anywhere Ugly Drum Smoker Yes, I have an addiction.

Yes you do

• Do you have citrus wood?

biznork said:
    @crimsongator Southern California

• sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    R2Egg2Q said:

Imperial Kamado 18"
    Superior Smokers SS-2
    Hasty-Bake Gourmet
    Ugly Drum Smoker

@r2egg2q, how do you like you uds? I was thinking of that before I got my egg. I'm happy with my choice between the two. Seems like lots of work, but low initial cost.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136

R2Egg2Q said:

Imperial Kamado 18"
    Superior Smokers SS-2
    Hasty-Bake Gourmet
    Ugly Drum Smoker

@r2egg2q, how do you like you uds? I was thinking of that before I got my egg. I'm happy with my choice between the two. Seems like lots of work, but low initial cost.
    It is a decent cooker but it hardly gets used (not sure I've used it this year). It is more portable than my XL or L Eggs but not as efficient. The vast majority of my cooking is done on the Eggs.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • FatMike
    FatMike Posts: 464
    I have a Large BGE, Lang 60 delux, Blackstone Pizza Oven, 36" Blackstone griddle, 8.5 gallon Cajun fryer, greasy-hill custom smoker trailer, and a Acorn Kamado Kooker

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    FatMike said:
    I have a Large BGE, Lang 60 delux, Blackstone Pizza Oven, 36" Blackstone griddle, 8.5 gallon Cajun fryer, greasy-hill custom smoker trailer, and a Acorn Kamado Kooker

How do you like the Blackstone? Saw one at Tastylicks and it seemed to produce really nice results with a quick startup time. Have read mixed reviews online regarding durability.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • biznork
    biznork Posts: 112
    I actually have two lemon trees but they aren't for smoking. Most of the wood you find out here is eucalyptus.
  • FatMike
    FatMike Posts: 464
    DMW, I have 2.  I used them doing a food booth this summer and never had a problem. I couldn't tell you how many pies I put out over the summer. I like it so much I bought another one sitting in the box just in case they quit making them..lol  We cranked out 10 inch pies and took only about 2 to 2:30 min to cook. I never had a problem and they look just as they did when I took them out of the box.  The rotisserie that turns the stone is just a typical one you find for your BBQ and are interchangeable. I bout a couple back ups but never needed them either. I use a sourdough with no sugar or oil and have had great results.

• Other than the eggs, I have a bubba keg, two WSM's (22.5" and 14.5"), and a weber ranch kettle (37.5"). Those are the ones I will admit to.
  • Acorn
    Acorn Posts: 163
    The infrared gasser has only been used 3 times since I got the LBGE!!!!

Atlanta, GA  - LBGE -
  • Weber Performer, Weber 26" kettle, Weber 22.5" WSM, Weber Summit 470 propane, Masterbuilt 30" electric, LBGE. This past year I gave away a 22.5" Weber kettle, and a Brinkman Smoke King Deluxe stickburner. A man only needs so many. :D
    Cherry Hill, NJ
  • This was taken before the XL appeared, plus a FEC100.
  • I have a Bradley electric puck smoker and some eggs

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    @WeberWho- that pig grill was on Pawn Stars.  It had a rotisserie and they purchased it for like $375.  Season 6 Episode 7 if you are interested.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• WeberWho

@WeberWho- that pig grill was on Pawn Stars.  It had a rotisserie and they purchased it for like $375.  Season 6 Episode 7 if you are interested.  

Thanks SmokeyPitt for the info with season and episode! Will try to track it down. Very much appreciated!

Minnesota
  • Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    LBGE ( for all the home cooks) and a weber smokey joe ( for camping)
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE