Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First reverse sear

Went ahead with my plans for my first reverse sear.  I've had the egg for two weeks and can't get enough.  Thanks for all the tips all of you guys have given me on this.  I'll never have to go to a high end steak house to get an amazing steak ever again.  Thanks again!
300* indirect to 120* IT-went to direct and cranked her up to 650* for 60 sec on each side. 
Charleston, SC

Comments

• tndawg
    tndawg Posts: 12
    That looks awesome. I plan to try my first reverse sear for NYE. Did you foil or cover the steaks while resting them?
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Reverse sear FTW!
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Zuma
    Zuma Posts: 50
    To me the "reverse sear" is the only way to go.   My wife likes her meat done and I like a little red to it.   So, I tried the "reverse sear" and she absolutely loves it.   She can now handle a little bit of red meat now.  The BGE is an amazing smoker/grill isn't it?   Good luck and enjoy.