Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Teriyaki-Sriracha Meatballs

I found this dish on the internet and wanted to give it a try.  If you like hot and spicy, these are the meatballs for you.

Recipe here

I screwed up.  I cooked them direct, and the bottoms of a few were overdone (black).  I just took off that part and they were fine.

Served with Orzo.  I got a disappointing post the other day from someone sarcastically saying I was (trying to be) Central Texas Martha Stewart. The post wasn't complimentary.  I try to do nice plating for 3 reasons.  1) Photography is my hobby., 2) I want nice presentation for my wife, 3) Hopefully, the forum will enjoy it.  I think I'll just throw the stuff in a plate from now on.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
Just west of Austintatious

Comments

• I for one enjoy and aspire to your plating pictures!
    Marietta, East Cobb, GA
  • VI, those look fantastic!   And for the record, I think almost all of us love your beautifully plated pics.  Gives the rest of us something to strive for!
    Pentwater, MI
  • Looks very nice.  I'm not into presentation myself but I certainly enjoy the pics of those that are.  You can't please everyone and IMO shouldn't try. 
    Dan, Columbia,Mo.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    I bet they were awesome!  Nice work and nice plating.  I hope you told that person to go to hell.  Do what you like, post what you like.  If someone doesn't like it, they can move on to another post.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Looks glorious VI. Henapple can go to hell - It's a good thing.
  • Great stuff VI, they'd do great with some mac & cheese as well. =D>
    Cherry Hill, NJ
  • Don't worry about any such negative comments.  There are a LOT of people on this forum that take a little time with plating and ALSO take very good/high quality shots of their food.  Anyone that cannot appreciate that - you just need to ignore.   Thanks for the work and effort you put in.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,646
    Damn fine job! I'd love to have a plate of that.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    edited December 2013
    Serious question, is the orzo in that shot cooked? If so, how? And I also appreciate the plating effort.
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • Win
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I love you. I wasn't being sarcastic. Just my way of saying I wish I were better at it. I point and shoot. ..don't know anything past that. So actually the post was complimentary.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,314
    Anything with Sriracha has got to be a winner-and the proof (visually) is in the pictures.  Bet you wouldn't get such fancy digs  like Martha if you went to the big house. :)>-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • I don't know Japanese for blow it out your arse, but that is how you should have responded, if you responded at all.  Keep them coming, your cooks are inspirational.  You keep pushing me to try new things.  I got The Japanese Grill because of your cooks, and have been playing with Yakitori.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Keep posting Marfa (Hampton's pronunciation) and we will keep admiring/aspiring to your photographic talents.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Thank you for the recipe!  Photos are good too..
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Was it the "prison years" Central Texas Martha Stewart that was being referred to? From what I understand is no makeup was used and I can understand how people would get you two confused.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited December 2013
    <:-P Happy New Year buddy.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    edited December 2013
    @VI Always enjoyed your pics. Keep up the good work, don't let one comment change your style. It takes a lot of planning and consideration to plate something properly, so that it looks great in a photo. I know this because my wife along with some of her friends, have published two cook books together. I know first hand what it takes to get it right. It is worth the effort. Properly plated pictures, finish off the recipe and prep work. 
    Keep on "Keeping On"
    Large, small, and a mini