Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Off Topic... Xbox

henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
Through a slight miracle I scored a xbox one for Jake to open at Christmas. I've got him convinced we'll have to get one after the New Year. I can't wait to see his face.

Sorry, had to tell someone he doesn't know.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Nice. I'm wondering if I'll score a ps4 from SWMBO. If so, I don't deserve her. If not... I still don't.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Their hard to come by.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Somehow beyond  my control we have ended up with a Playstation 4 and an X Box One.  All because the kid couldn't make up his mind on which one he wanted.  Looks like the Playstation 4 is going up for sale.  I think he finally decided on the x box
    Large BGE Decatur, AL
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    You better hope that Jake doesn't log in with one of your alter-handles and read this thread. Sounds like he's in for a great Christmas.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Eggcelsior
    henapple said:

Their hard to come by.

I made her fully aware of the Amazon holiday guarantee when they were released.
  • I had preordered the ps4, got t at midnight release, but as recently as the Tuesday of Xbox release week got the "you know, I would get you an xbox, but we just got the egg, espresso maker, etc". I made my peace with it. The Thursday before it released she decided to hunt one up, without luck. On our way home from choir practice Thursday, she suggested stopping at GameStop. No luck, but we went to the Walmart next door and they had 8 people in line for 11 non preordered consoles. 3 1/2 hours had both. My wife is the best!
  • BuckeyeBob
    BuckeyeBob Posts: 673
    edited December 2013
    Found the X Box yesterday at Target. Already had the boys convinced we wouldn't be able to find.
    Clarendon Hills, IL
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Got one at midnight on release night. It didn't make it under the tree...oh well that's what the games are for.
    Lynnwood WA
  • Just make sure he gets Titanfall when it comes out. I'm sure that the boy will enjoy that thing for a couple of years at least.

I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • I just bought a new computer to move back to PC gaming away from consoles. Mouse look ftw!
    Pentwater, MI
  • Mayberry
    Mayberry Posts: 750
    GreenhawK said:
    Somehow beyond  my control we have ended up with a Playstation 4 and an X Box One.  All because the kid couldn't make up his mind on which one he wanted.  Looks like the Playstation 4 is going up for sale.  I think he finally decided on the x box

If you want to sell that PS4 at a Eggheadforum discount, I'm interested. :>
    Athens, GA
    XL BGE, Large BGE and RecTec590
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Niiiiice Tony!  Good for Jake!  

I'm a big kid so I have them both on their respective launch days.  I play them equally for the most part.  As Scott said...Titanfall.

After that, I'm really looking forward to Watch Dogs and The Division.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Are the xbox ones rare? Not a gamer but when I was at costco last week they had a ton of them for $379- no one was grabbing them so thought it was no big deal...
    Greensboro, NC
  • Eggcelsior
    @Wolfpack, was it just the console plus one controller? Costco usually sells bundles with 2 controllers, a game, and xbox live gold. I believe that package is about $600 and the standard price for just the console plus one controller is $500. I wonder if what you saw is a xbox 360 bundle. I'm pretty sure those are going for around 300, though.

If it really is a xbox one, buy 2. That's a hell of a deal and you can put them on CL for MSRP and be well on your way to another egg. Priorities, man.
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214
    It was Xbox 360s for that price
    Lynnwood WA
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    5 ps4's@ the Seattle target earlier today, I think they are around if u want one.

My present was upgrading my TiVo's to the new roamio and TiVo minis in other rooms. Love the upgrade well worth it.
    Seattle, WA
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Sorry meant 479- was Xbox one I looked at the box
    Greensboro, NC
  • williamadamsesq
    williamadamsesq Posts: 155
    edited December 2013
    Haz both. Preordered the ps4, but my Wife decided to get me an xbox one the day it was released. We wound up at Walmart from 830 pm to midnight, but she pulled it off. Best wife ever!
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Got the Xbox One for me my kids as well.  Can't wait to get it set up. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA