Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

.... as soon as I see Santa's tail lights

My X-Mas bonus is burning a hole in my pocket! I want to go buy me a mini RIGHT NOW but figure I better at least wait until Santa comes and goes. You never know, and I'd hate to ruin my X-Mas if a mini were to happen to show up under my tree. If Christmas Day comes and goes and there is still no mini ... you can bet your azz I will be chasing Santa's tail lights all the way to my local BGE dealer to make my purchase on a mini! =))
My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax

Comments

• RLeeper
    RLeeper Posts: 480
    Good strategy!
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Make sure you drop enough hints :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    Did you say a mini?
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    Make sure to smile, no matter how much it hurts, if you get a tie.
    Great that you have a backup path!  
    :-bd

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Make sure you check behind the sleigh for grandma.
  • HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    You can use the tie to hang tools on.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491

Granny doesn't follow behind reindeer! ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • Eggcelsior
    GrannyX4 said:

Granny doesn't follow behind reindeer! ;;)
    But she did get run over by one.

Even with too much eggnog, hit-and-run is always a crime.
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Oh! Right! ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    This is easily solved by saying, "Honey, I'm going to go pick up a mini since I need it for the Christmas dinner cook."

Spouse freaks out and says no => You got a mini waiting already
    Spouse doesn't say anything => Go to the dealer before they close and pick it up
    Dunedin, FL
  • I do what @yzzi says all the time.  If my wife has it she typically gets angry and gives me the gift at that moment. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Eggcelsior

I do what @yzzi says all the time.  If my wife has it she typically gets angry and gives me the gift at that moment. 

Mine calls me names and throws it at me.
  • I do what @yzzi says all the time.  If my wife has it she typically gets angry and gives me the gift at that moment. 
    Mine calls me names and throws it at me.

You really need to try and remove yourself from an abusive relationship like that
  • Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    I'm feeling somewhat the same. I'm saddened and embarrassed by how little I have used my Large since I got it early this year. Less than 10 times and my logic is (there's just me and my wife) I'd be more likely to fire up a mini more frequently. Good luck on waking to a rotund piece of green porcelain under your tree.
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • Hibby said:
    I'm feeling somewhat the same. I'm saddened and embarrassed by how little I have used my Large since I got it early this year. Less than 10 times and my logic is (there's just me and my wife) I'd be more likely to fire up a mini more frequently. Good luck on waking to a rotund piece of green porcelain under your tree.

Oh, I'm using the heck outta my XL! I just feel that the nights I don't want to fire my XL ... I could at least cook a little sumthin sumthin on the Mini. I really think the Mini would get lotsa use just for sides around my house. Whole baked potatoes, Asparagus, Mixed veggies, Burgers, etc., etc. I eventually would like a Medium also. :D I just think the Mini should come 1st because it will see more use.