Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

185 temp for Boston Butt

Hi ya'll,
Long time, no post. I had to pull my bone-in butt off when it hit 186 and it has been dbl foil & towel wrapped in cooler for about 3hrs. Should be in there for another 3-4. I really could not keep it on the egg any longer because I would not be able to watch the temp & remove when it hit 195-200. Should I try to 
"Re-Egg" it or because it will be in the cooler for so long the internal temp should rise? Thanks!

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    At this point I would just keep them in the foil.  If the egg is going perhaps put them back on, but if it has already gone out I wouldn't bother lighting it again.  Perhaps put them in a 180-200 degree oven until it gets close to pulling time.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    i think its going to be a desicion call when you unwrap it, if it doesnt pull you could always slice it thin. a smoke house up north that i go to slices it, its pretty much fall apart sliced
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Thank you for the suggestions. I will post after I unwrap the thing!