Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

CGS in Denton TX

Options
Has anyone personally visited the retail store in Denton TX? I may be up that way next week and was wondering if it would be worth it to drop by there for a look at their products. I was also wondering if a guy could save some money by purchasing this stuff at their store rather than on-line. Anyone know?
Dave - Austin, TX

Comments

• jzcc
    jzcc Posts: 123
    Options
    A very definite yes and yes to your questions!  Several of us from the other forum visited Tom and his store, CGS, the weekend of the Plano Fest about a month ago.  I don't know how many square feet it encompasses, but somewhere between 5-10 thousand sf.  The front end of the store carries many brands of BGE accessories, ceramic cookers, lump, rubs and sauces.  The back end is the fabrication side -- totally awesome!!  Tom (the owner) is very generous with his time.  He'll gladly spend an inordinate amount of time with you explaining his various equipment and work with you to figure out what best meets your needs.  If you're in Denton, this is most certainly a "must see".  And yes, you could save shipping costs if he has in stock what you are interested in. 

jzcc

• Austin  Egghead
    Options
    Yep, if you are in Denton well worth a visit. We bought a couple items for the egg and 3 bottles of sauces.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Here are some pics from the recent group visit jzcc mentioned...

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • rlnewman
    Options
    Absolutely visit the store.  I have most of the grill products and use at least one every single cook.  I can't imagine if you were close enough to avoid shipping why you wouldn't go to the store.  Best products on the market for ceramic cookers!
    Grill4U

Loving Life!
  • dawsonc61
    Options
    To add to what everyone else is saying: Yes! Go by and look around, they have a ton of merchandise that is fairly priced and Tom and Terry (sp?) are very friendly and accommodating. I was there this week and had Tom weld my spider to the R&B Combo I just bought. Cool store and great products!