Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Test

Options
SMITTYtheSMOKER
SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668
edited November 2013 in Forum Feedback

Having trouble posting from my home computer, checking out another to see if I can find the problem.

Okay this works like normal.    My home computer will allow me to fill in the post, I see it but when I go to click post I get a error message the "Body is incomplete" .   So it seems that the post I am typing in is not being recognized by the forum....any ideas what to do next? Thx

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Have you rebooted your home computer? There may be something in your temporary memory/cache that needs to be cleared. You could try clearing the cookies form your browser first and see if that helps.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    caliking said:
    Have you rebooted your home computer? There may be something in your temporary memory/cache that needs to be cleared. You could try clearing the cookies form your browser first and see if that helps.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Luvflt
    Luvflt Posts: 63
    Options
    I am having the exact same problem. Could not post, got error saying "Body Required" I was using IE 11. Maybe something changed. I had to use Firefox to get this to work. If someone comes up with an answer I would be interested in knowing what could have changed??? Unless it is something to do with the BGE server and IE 11???
    Palm City, FL
  • Little Steven
    Options
    I have the same problem at work. Can't post on laptop (wireless) or my hardwired computer. Home is no problem

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Is this a problem with IE? Try using another browser - chrome works well. IE stopped working for me entirely (not just this forum) some time ago. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options

If you have upgraded to Win8.1 and the IE11 you will have this issue. Just use chrome browser and all will be well. See my post about this.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Little Steven
    Options
    Test in Chrome

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Same issue here.  Also lost the star to bookmark.  Oh bother.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    edited November 2013
    Options

This happened to me also.

I am guessing you recently upgraded to IE11? I had the same problem after installing it.

What you need to do while browsing this forum click the little gear icon in the upper right had corner and click "add"  eggheadforum.com under compatibility view settings. At least that is what worked for me.

• KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    edited November 2013
    Options

@Hungry_Joe Thanks a bunch......same thing was happening to me and that fixed it!

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• Luvflt
    Luvflt Posts: 63
    Options
    Trying to see if I can POST from IE 11 now. I hope Hungry Joe's suggestion worked. If you read this it did!!
    Palm City, FL
  • Hungry Joe
    Options
    Luvflt said:
    Trying to see if I can POST from IE 11 now. I hope Hungry Joe's suggestion worked. If you read this it did!!

I can see you now!

• SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    Thanks for the help, browser problem indeed.   How can one fix IE to allow forum use?

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Hungry Joe
    Options
    Thanks for the help, browser problem indeed.   How can one fix IE to allow forum use?
    Read my first post in this thread, works for IE 11.
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options
    yes...THX

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA