Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Reheating turkey and big Thanksgiving cook

Big family get together for Thanksgiving, an I've been asked to bring some "Yumminess" from the Egg. Most of the family has experienced my Egg cooking and look forward to it when we get together. Party is 2 1/2 hours away, and we'll eat probably 4 hours after we get there (main meal - we will actually start eating and drinking first thing in the morning when we arrive). Current plan: Pulled pork - done ahead of time, vac packed and reheated there Pig Candy - done one the gasser soon after we get there for early snacking Bacon wrapped shrimp and pineapple - again done on the gasser for snacking. Prepped before we leave. Bacon wrapped sweet potato Tots on the gasser. (I tried to get her to buy me an Egg for her place). Brisket - Overnight cooked on Egg, FTC'd until meal time My sister will do a traditional roast turkey. Thinking of doing a pecan wood smoked breast ahead of time and reheating there. Any suggestions on best way to reheat? Do I keep it whole, or slice and reheat in gravy? If time permits, I will also do a Spatchcock Turkey on the gasser. For the crowd we have, we typically do 3 whole turkeys and a breast or two. Any other suggestions welcome.

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    No suggestions here, but sounds like you will have a crowd to feed and good times await!
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Holy smoke Tj, how big is this gasser? 
    Best choice is to reheat in water bath, but given the crowd, there may not be a bath tub big enough to heat it all up in. Like your idea to reheat in gravy, you have the time to get it done using low heat to prevent drying it out. Good Luck and have a great Thanksgiving. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • I smoked a whole turkey and pulled it on sunday. Have been eating leftover pulled turkey sandwiches all week. Just reheat it with a little bbq sauce. Might be a nice change up to the traditional turkey for you.

Chester County, PA