Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tri Tip Santa Maria Style - Reverse Sear

Options
It's been a while since I've posted so wanted to give back a little. Although I've done a few post on Tri-Tip I wanted to share what I pulled off today. While California is not known for BBQ like the south we do have our regional style - Santa Maria - that is influenced by the amount of oak wood available. Myself and a few other locals scored a lot of oak wood from a heritage oak that collapsed in a local shopping center a while back. I combined that with the reverse sear method and came out with a pretty awesome product tonight. These were relatively small roasts, 2 lbs and 1.75 lbs. They almost could be considered a steak but I cooked as a roast anyway. The low process cooks the meat pretty consistently throughout. I went at 220 - 240 dome until the roast hit 115 degrees. Then I removed the plate setter and cranked it up as hot as I could get it and seared for about 4 minutes each side. I'll  try to let the pictures tell the rest of the story.
LBGE - July 2012
Valencia, CA

Comments