Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

4 pound center cut pork loin

Grillmagic
Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
edited November 2013 in Pork
I have had great success just brining and rubbing but with all the posts about stuffing them recently I am just wondering how much better they are if at all. I'm sure it depends on what you stuff it with but just wondered what the consensus was. They are just so good with out much work already.
Thanks,
Chuck
Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE

Comments

• Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    I like pork tenderloins better. Sometimes I stuff them and sometimes I don't. It really just depends on my mood, but it's hard to beat a plain one, with just the rub.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    @Grillmagic Did my first stuffed tonight. Have done lots with just rub and a few with bacon draped on top. The stuffed really changes it up and adds lots. Will still do them with just rub as its so easy, but if you have a little extra time its worth trying stuffed IMHO.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Grillmagic
    Well I decided to also do some chicken bombs and pork shots so I am just brining and rubbing the pork. I do plan on butterflying and stuffing either a pork loin or tenderloin in the future.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited November 2013
    Last one I did was cut and pounded out. Then stuffed. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Grillmagic
    Mickey said:
    Last one I did was cut and pounded out. Then stuffed. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    I'll have what your having, that looks great!
  • Grillmagic

Hey Mickey, what did you stuff it with?

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Try any combo that goes together. Artichoke hearts, mushrooms, spinach, sun dried tomatoes, cheeses,... I usually do boneless chicken thighs but pork loin in great also. Just dont overcook.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN