Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Plano Outlaw Eggfest 2013

Austin  Egghead
Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
edited November 2013 in EggHead Forum
The Plano fest went back to it roots of a cooks fest and did our cooks shine!!!!! 
The food cooked on the egg ranged from pork, beef, flounder, gulf shrimp, duck breasts, grilled avocados and chicken and kebobs. All very tasty and all very good. Although there was no official sponsor, Jerry from Hirsch meat market donated chicken and pork tenderloins for us to cook. 
We did have a few visitor, other eggers who drop by and introduced themselves and some from the Hall came in to get an egg education. We stated the festivities at 9 in the morning and closed shop last nite at 9pm (we elected to have the after party at the Hall rather than transporting warm eggs to the hotel. 
Thank you Steve and Jeri for all the hard work that you do to put on this fest. Taste tester and I had a wonderful time. 
Pictures will be posted when we get back to Austin.
Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx

Comments

• hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Thanks Joan, it was a hoot, can't wait to see your pics.
    <:-P
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I hate I couldn't make it. Heading to Georgia instead of Texas.... Sounds like you had a great time.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Can't wait to see pics. A bunch of eggheads having a good time is always photogenic!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564

Thanks to all for the warn welcome, we had a great time.

Another great job by Steve and Jeri.

We will be cooking at this one next year.

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Great seeing old friends and meeting new ones even if I was shown up on both sides by Darian (PhotoEgg) and JD and Kelly and Bruce. Guess I need to decide that I'm going to do fests further in advance and not 3 o'clock the day before. I'll get my pics up tomorrow.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Griffin
    edited November 2013
    Only pics I took with my phone.imageimage

Rowlett, Texas

• Griffin

Rowlett, Texas

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564

@Griffin, that was some great sausage.

Thanks

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Griffin
    Was nice meeting you hotch. Glad you liked it. That was my last bit of venison sausage hence the reason I'm making more today.

Rowlett, Texas

• Thanks for the compliment, Griffin.  Coming from you, that means alot.  We sure enjoyed your homemade brats!  It was a wonderful day and a great way to get to know fellow Eggers much better. Good ol' quality time!  Great people!
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • Thanks for the compliment, Griffin.  Coming from you, that means alot.  We sure enjoyed your homemade brats!  It was a wonderful day and a great way to get to know fellow Eggers much better. Good ol' quality time!  Great people!
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    I enjoyed seeing all of you, maybe we should do it again!
  • Absolutely a great time!  Steve .. thanks for all of your hard work putting this together.... Aimee and I had big fun. It was so cool to cook alongside so many amazing eggheads! Griffin and I spent most of the day heckling each other.... he was an easy target with the mini. But the man can produce excellent food! Henapple... we missed ya... but we'll catch up with you in Salado. If you missed this eggfest.. you should definately put it on your calendar for next year!
    BOOMER!
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Had a great time meeting everyone and tasting some wonderful food! Thank you for sharing!!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.