Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Double Spatch

Options
Spatch'd two birds tonight. Brined for about an hour, rinsed, then uncovered in fridge for another hour with dizzy dust.

Sorry no on the egg pics because I cooked them on my new gasser. JUST KIDDING!

I was about ten minutes away from final so I flipped them to crisp up the skin, had to dress my little one and I figured I had time to through something on her to help SWMBO. Well she had a huge huge mess in her diaper, great surprise to daddy...

Ran out to flip the birds back and get that money shot and they were almost over done!! When I flipped one it tore apart. So I ran back in house grabbed a platter and slung them off the egg.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

My grandpaw just got home from hospital so taking these over to their house tonight.

XLBGE 

Comments

• MrCookingNurse
    Options

XLBGE 
  • Hoov
    Hoov Posts: 264
    Options
    That was nice of you. Looks tasty and I'm sure your 'Pa will enjoy it! I've got to get some of the Dizzy rubs, I've never tried them.
    - Proud owner of a Large BGE
    - Norman, OK
  • MrCookingNurse
    Options
    Hoov said:

That was nice of you. Looks tasty and I'm sure your 'Pa will enjoy it! I've got to get some of the Dizzy rubs, I've never tried them.

They're pretty good but there are plenty you can get just as good or better for cheaper. I used DD because it's mild and he wouldn't won't spicey

XLBGE 
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    That will be a great meal to bring to grandpa. Hopefully they got him fixed up and he is on the road to recovery!
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK.