Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bloody Mary Chili

Options
I created this recipe for a VERY unofficial chili cook off at an SMU football tailgate, And it was a big hit. This was my second attempt at it and I made a couple of small changes. Will make a couple changes again next time, which I have noted in the recipe. The idea was to create a bloody mary based chili. Heat egg to 325 and add 1 big mesquite log Put cast iron pot on grill with olive oil (I use a 4 qt. cast iron pot that's a mix between a skillet and a pot) Sauté 3 jalapeños, 3 Japanese red peppers (next time I will use 2-it was pretty spicy), a yellow onion & 3 cloves of garlic seasoned w/ bloody mary rub (recipe below) Add 1.5 lb ground chili beef and 1 lb pork sausage, season w/ bloody mary rub and brown Drain Add 2 10oz cans of chunky rotel (drained) and 46 oz V8 hot & spicy (add as much as needed for texture and taste) Continue to season with bloody mary rub to taste Simmer in egg-this time I simmered for 3 hours. Bloody mary rub: 2 T celery salt (next time I will use celery powder-both times it has been a bit salty), 1 t chili powder, 1 t black pepper, 1 t granulated onion, 1 t garlic powder, 1 t brown sugar, 1/2 t cayenne I welcome any input or advice for next time

Comments