Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Newbies First Cooks from NC

Hello everyone! Bought my first BGE-XL a couple of weeks ago and I have been trolling the forum here for tips and ideas.  Fortunate to to have this site as it is such a great resource of information and it has been extremely helpful!

I have included a few photos of my first cooks.  The first was a spatchcock chicken and pork tenderloin...yes I initially forgot the drip pan as I was "caught up in the moment"... but they both turned out great!  The second is my first attempt at chicken bombers or bombs?.  Trader Joes in WS NC sells boneless skinless thighs which worked out perfectly.  Manchego and garlic filler, hmmm.  The next one is my first pork butt on the BGE.  Modified "cazzy turbo style" with what I call a cheater glaze to help with the bark (a little unconventional but it works). The first pic is fat side up the second is bottom side up which is where the cheater glaze comes into play.  Look forward to learning from all of the information and posts on this forum!
Michael ~ XL ~ Winston Salem, NC

Comments