Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boiling marinade?

Options
rams35
rams35 Posts: 5
I got a great recipe for a pork tenderloin at the eggtoberfest from SousChef. It tasted great at the fest! My question: the recipe says to take the marinade (basically oil, OJ, sherry, soy sauce, Worcester and other spices) and strain it after marinating the raw tender loin and boiling it for 5-6 minutes and pouring it on the loin after cooking. Will boiling that long kill all the bad stuff from the raw tenderloin? Never heard of re using marinade before, want to get other opinions thx

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Short answer, yes. Boiling will kill any baddies. The time required will allow all parts of the liquid to come to a full boil.
  • EagleIII
    EagleIII Posts: 415
    Options
    I have been using marinades to baste for years, and yes it is safe....BUT...you MUST boil it.  I usually pour the marinade into a pyrex glass measuring cup (2 cup size) and stick it in the microwave till it boils.  So long as you boil it, you should be safe...
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I think it is perfectly safe.  Pork is safe to eat at an internal temperature of 145 degrees, and water boils at around 212 degrees :)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.