Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dueling BGEs!

Options
First time I have been able to run both eggs at the same time. So far everything is going great. I put the 10.5lb brisket on at about 2am and it is sitting at 191 IT right right now.  I put the apple cider soaked ribs on at about 12:30 cooking at 250. Now it's just a waiting game, good thing I have cold beer.
Pure Michigan
Large BGE, Medium BGE, Mini BGE, Weber Smokey Mountain, Weber Performer.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

Comments

• brianwdmn
    brianwdmn Posts: 371
    Options
    Looks good. Can't wait to hear how it all turns out.
    Marietta, East Cobb, GA
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    edited October 2013
    Options
    That'll be some serious good eating!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    It turned out great. It was the best brisket I have done yet. The ribs were good, room for improvement but everyone loved them. I also did some bacon wrapped jalapeño venison popper bites that turned out great as well. I forgot to snap a pic when everything was done :-( maybe one of my friends got a pic  
    Pure Michigan
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    What a feast! What did you rub the brisket with?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • butert
    butert Posts: 202
    Options
    Can we get the recipient for your jalapeño bites @shadowcaster?
    Cooking on a XL BGE from Allendale, Mi.
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Sounds like a great feast. I love using both of my eggs at the same time, so many possibilities!  =D>
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • daffy1909
    daffy1909 Posts: 498
    Options
    What a great way to spend a sunday! Beer, bbq, football, and time! Love the long cooks! :D
  • shadowcaster
    Options
    @caliking i just used yellow mustard, brown sugar, kosher salt, black pepper, ground cumin, and some ancho chili pepper. The last time I did one I had a recipe that I followed for a rub but it was waaay to salty so I backed off on the salt this time and just made my own rub.

@butert the venison bites were really easy, I kind of just winged it but they turned out great. I marinated the steaks in a little bit of Buddy's Pizza Italian dressing, hot sauce, worcestershire sauce, and just some spices. I have a Venison rub that I really like, I got in from Klenow's, a meat market in East Tawas. Whenever someone goes up there I have them pick some up for me. Cut the steaks into small strips, about 1" x 2" then cut the bacon in half. I put the venison on the bacon, then put some cream cheese on the venison and topped it off with a couple slices of jalapeno. I bought the jar of sliced jalapeno and cut the slices in half. Roll it all up in the bacon and stick a toothpick through them and you are done. I cooked it with the plate setter @ 450* I like doing indirect because you can leave them on longer allowing the bacon to get crispy. If you come up with a different variation of this let me know, I would love to try it.
    Pure Michigan