Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled Pork ????

Options
Mattman3969
Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
Goin to do some PP for some Brunswick stew I have a 7 1/2lb butt and was thinkin of using a chipotle injection. I have never injected but was curious if that would change the cooking times I am used to. Just trying to decide if I need to put it on low & slow for an overnighter or do my normal of 350* straight thru which should take about a touch over 5hrs. Stew is for supper tomorrow night.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Vote your normal way. Just to many things can go south on the overnight. I never inject, that is what spice is for while you pull it.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I inject mine with a vinegar marinade... I cook it as any other.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Mattman3969
    Options
    Thanks guys that is what I was hoping to hear. Overnight sucks even with a Maverick, I prefer to sleep when the sun ain't up!!

analyze adapt overcome

• Mattman3969
    Options
    @Mickey - I have never wrapped for turbo because I like really crunchy bark, but goin in a stew this shouldn't matter. With your method what is a time guesstimate?

analyze adapt overcome

• Mickey
    Options
    Done50/50 on wrap. I think I am about out of the wrap club.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Options
    @Mickey - I have never wrapped for turbo because I like really crunchy bark, but goin in a stew this shouldn't matter. With your method what is a time guesstimate?

5 to 6. Hard guess

• Mattman3969
    Options
    Mickey said:

Done50/50 on wrap. I think I am about out of the wrap club.

Are you contemplating the 350* naked club?

analyze adapt overcome

• Buckdodger
    Options
    Tried to post a ? on the naked 350* method for PP and it went into cyber space. Does the butt stay as moist using this method...Thanks

Opelika, Alabama