Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

This came today

Options
The XL comes next Monday. 
XL BGE

Comments

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Congrats on the new purchase.  As much as that book is somewhat useful you will find many more recipes and useful tips on this forum then you will in that book.  I'm not chastising the purchase by any means, I own the exact same book. Just don't be afraid to come here and ask questions, look at recipes and post pictures of your cooks!   Welcome to the cult.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Seanr7
    Seanr7 Posts: 207
    Options
    I've already decided this forum will be my primary source of ALL things EGG related. You guys will see a lot of me, pics, questions, comments etc.
    XL BGE
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Couple of other sites www.greeneggers.com, and www.nakedwhiz.com.  Don't be afraid of the naked whiz site, it is strictly a grilling/smoking site. Can't wait to see what you do. Congrats again.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • plumbfir01
    plumbfir01 Posts: 725
    edited October 2013
    Options
    the advice my dealer gave me......trash the book and get on the forum here!   congrats on the egg
    Beaufort, SC
  • cortguitarman
    Options
    I like the book. It gets a little on the fancy side for some things, but the recipes are awesome. Our favorites are the pizza dough recipe, the tomato sauce (we make several batches and can them with fresh tomatoes), and the cedar planked salmon.
    Mark Annville, PA