Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Really good gnocchi sauce...not pic heavy

Little Steven
Little Steven Posts: 28,817
edited October 2013 in Soups, Stews, Chilis

Beef, hot sausage and veal, pancetta, peppers, onions, celery and herbs. Clamatto juice, tomato paste, san marzanos and pommodori for the sauce. Two big heads of California garlic roasted. Apple for smoke. Had company so no other pics but it was really good with the smoke.

photo 002-6.jpg

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Damn! That sauce looks amazing!! Could you please post the recipe when you have a moment?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Wow. Steven what is it used for? My mouth is watering
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Looks great! Do you make your own gnocchi?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    edited October 2013
    Looked it up. So you put that over Italian dumplings made with potatoes and flour. OMG that must be good. Bet it is crazy good over pasta.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Little Steven

Thanks guys,

I use a small potato masher to break up the ground meats. I really like this.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    caliking said:
    Damn! That sauce looks amazing!! Could you please post the recipe when you have a moment?
    Sorry dude, I kinda fly by the seat of my pants

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Mickey I bet you if you poured the sauce over old saddle leather it would make that taste good.

LS I am a sucker for anything potato, but all I would need is a spoon, fresh Italian bread.a chunk of Parma cheese and that sauce to be very happy.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Okay, LS, please just give us ignorant ones a little detail on your "seat of the pants flight" to get us started.  Please..............Please?    >:D<
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167

Little Steven?

Little Steven?

John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • Little Steven

Ok, but I'm serious, I measure nothing. Pancetta on a slow flame til the fat renders,

3/8" chunks. Get the fat flowing and put the onions and celery in. Then the peppers and raw garlic. Then some sweet mini peppers. Then take it all out and drain the fat. Then brown the sausage, beef and veal and mix in the roasted garlic. Drain all that, put a little fat in the frypan and cook the tomato paste. Then put in the san romanos, clamatto juice and pommodori. Then put the rest of the crap in and simmer on the egg at 350* for two or three hours. Best I can do lads.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• jessie_rice
    jessie_rice Posts: 23
    edited October 2013
    Adding that to my soon to prepare list. 
    Love the bread and parmesan idea Austin Egghead

I have said that Texas is a state of mind, but I think it is more than that. It is a mystique closely approximating a religion. - John Steinbeck

Katy, Texas