Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Who is cooking at the South Fl Eggfest?

Options
bubba tim
bubba tim Posts: 3,216
edited October 2013 in EggHead Forum
Cooks needed for the 1st Annual South Florida Eggfest. LC and I are signed up. The date is Nov 9th. Cooks set up is 10am. Fest opens at 1 and closes at 7 pm. $1000 grand prize for best pork and honey wiskey recipe. more details at http://gridirongriller.com/south-florida-eggfest-2013/ Hope to see some of you there....
SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP

Comments

• lantzwr
    lantzwr Posts: 229
    Options
    I hope to talk the wife into going as tasters.  Sure sounds like fun.
    RobLarge BGE, Merritt Island, (Space Coast of Florida)

Boiler UP
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Wish the hell it was me. Maybe retired by next year.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Options
    Hmmmmmm . . . just down the road from WPB . . .
  • Green Eggs and Jan
    Options
    I will be appearing with my grill team, Green Eggs and Jan, and hope not to put anyone to shame. Whooooooeeeeeeeee....an eggfest in my own backyard!
  • bubba tim
    Options
    Hey Big guy...where have you been? (and this coming from an egghead who has not been active on the forum in a long while...lol)  When did you sign up and how many?
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • Green Eggs and Jan
    Options

Yo Bubba-  My best Bud Richard will be cooking with me and assisting me in the Jack D. competition for  best Pork Tenderloin. (Perhaps you remember Richard, the Bloody Mary expert) Our wives will be attending as well as a few dozen of our friends who live locally  just to taste and observe.  I hope we're not the only two cooking!  I signed up at the commencement of this event as I was heading home to my new digs on the beach and passed Culinary Concepts, saw a slew of eggs outside, came to a screeching halt and went into the shop!  The rest is history.  Soooooo...looking forward to seeing you on the 9th!

Jan, Trish, Richard, and Joanne

• bubba tim
    Options
    Great Jan... It has been a few years since we cooked along side each other. We will be bring only two large eggs for the event and my lime green Bubba Keg...lol I know Dean from CC. Good guy!
    You will not believe how big the overall event is...The fest will be dwarfed by it. Looking forward to having some fun. See you there...  You bringing your egg table? 
  • billybon
    billybon Posts: 213
    Options
    OK, I have never attended an Eggfest but I am willing to jump in as a cook. What should I know to prepare?
  • bubba tim
    Options
    Go to www.sunshineeggfest.com and look for cooks info... That should help
  • SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Options
    Bump. We are unable to attend (tasters of course) due to having to go over to Tampa suddenly. Wondering how the event is shaping up attendance-wise, doesn't seem to be much buzz on here about it. Maybe we're too far south for BBQ? Hope it goes well, the weather certainly looks like it will be perfect!
  • billybon
    Options
    Congratulations to "Green Eggs and Jan" on their First Place finish in the Smithfield/Jack Daniels cook-off at the first annual South Florida Eggfest. We all enjoyed cooking next to your group. It was my first of hopefully many more Eggfests.
  • Thank you so much, Billybon.  It was great cooking next to you! Boy, were you guys prepared!  I was truly envious of all your eggquipment!  Hope to see you at the Melborne Eggfest this spring.  There won't be a cookoff but we'll enjoy it none the less.

"Jan"

• billybon
    Options

Thank you so much, Billybon.  It was great cooking next to you! Boy, were you guys prepared!  I was truly envious of all your eggquipment!  Hope to see you at the Melborne Eggfest this spring.  There won't be a cookoff but we'll enjoy it none the less.

"Jan"

Are you going to share the winning recipe? Please.