Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Not sure if I screwed up on my pork shoulder...

Options
mjs2171
mjs2171 Posts: 26
edited October 2013 in EggHead Forum
Doing a overnight tomorrow night, but wanted to make the rub this evening so I would not have to tomorrow when I wake up before work.  I planned on applying the rub in the morning about 7 and then throwing it on about 9 or 10 at night.  Not paying attention, when I finished my rub, I went ahead and rubbed down my shoulders.  Am I screwed here and have I totally messed this thing up? Thank you for the help.

I apologize for dropping the f bomb.  My mistake.  

Comments

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Don't think you screwed anything up, some people season their butts two days in advance.  Just do your thing and take some pics and let us know how it turns out.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • cortguitarman
    Options
    I like to season mine a day in advance.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    You will be fine, pork shoulder is very forgiving and you just might stumble into a new favorite technique.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    Nah you're fine. I did the same thing with my last prime rib with a very heavy salt rub. Turned out great and I'll do it that way again.
    Dunedin, FL
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Thanks for taking the F bomb advice, but you could have just edited your original post. Now, getting back to what I was getting at the make up of your home made rub will have a lot to do with the outcome. I ruined a butt as well as a rack of ribs using a homemade rub with a heavy concentration of salt. Both of those cooks ended up in the trash as they tasted like a poor attempt at making a ham on the cheap!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    Options
    You'll be fine

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    So what was the verdict? every cook can be a learning eggperience!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • mjs2171
    mjs2171 Posts: 26
    edited December 2013
    Options
    RRP said:
    So what was the verdict? every cook can be a learning eggperience!
    Sorry so late for getting back to you.  They were great.
  • drewmack
    Options

I like that drip pan set up. Did you set it on top of the place setter and how big was the pan?