Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Not sure if I screwed up my pork shoulder...

mjs2171
mjs2171 Posts: 26
edited October 2013 in Pork
Doing a overnight tomorrow night, but wanted to make the rub this evening so I would not have to tomorrow when I wake up before work.  I planned on applying the rub in the morning about 7 and then throwing it on about 9 or 10 at night.  Not paying attention, when I finished my rub, I went ahead and rubbed down my shoulders.  Am I screwed here and have I totally messed this thing up? Thank you for the help.

I apologize for dropping the f bomb.  My mistake.  

Comments

• Wrap them sit in the frig and cook as plan.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    edited October 2013
    mjs2171 said:
    Doing a overnight tomorrow night, but wanted to make the rub this evening so I would not have to tomorrow when I wake up before work.  I planned on applying the rub in the morning about 7 and then throwing it on about 9 or 10 at night.  Not paying attention, when I finished my rub, I went ahead and rubbed down my shoulders.  Am I screwed here and have I totally ****** this thing up? Thank you for the help.
    not being a prude here -OK? but how about going back and editing your post before it is etched in cyber history. Spelling out "F" might be ok for some guys, but this really is a family forum. Go ahead and rip me if you want, but please edit while you can. 

BTW as for your answer it all depends on what spices you put in your home made rub. If heavy in salt you may have a problem.

Peace, Brother!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Please keep  in mind that this forum is viewed by many.
     The "f bomb" dropping is an insult and embarrassment  to this site as well as your intellect.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    I'm hip to that MJS. 

Thank  you.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!