Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Buffalo chicken pizza recipes?

Options

I have the dough already from my local market.  Obviously I will use hot sauce as a base for the sauce but what about the chicken?  Anyone have any good buffalo chicken pizza recipes? 

I was thinking of soaking a chicken breast in hot sauce all afternoon.  Then grill it on the egg at 350.  When that is done, crank the temp up to 600 or so and make my pizza.  then cook the pizza.

Comments

• Whitebread26
    Options
    I usually don't add anything to the chicken, just grill it witha little salt and pepper.  Using hot sauce in place of the normal pizza sauce gives it just the right amount of heat.  I add green onions and some bleu cheese to finish it off.  Good luck!
  • JwgreDeux
    JwgreDeux Posts: 139
    edited October 2013
    Options
    The best one I've ever done, I used a very light coat of regular pizza sauce as a base (I know it sounds weird), and I used chik fil a chicken nuggets soaked in franks hot sauce as the chicken. Topped with motz a splash of hot sauce and after it came off the egg, drizzled with ranch.

FWIW
  • busmania
    busmania Posts: 414
    Options

Well, I was pretty successful.  I am calling this the lazy mans 3 hour pizza!

Bought the dough from the store and let it rise (lazy).  I used generic franks "buffalo style" sauce (lazy, I thought about adding cumin, chili powder, garlic etc but was too lazy).  For the chicken breast, I marinated it all day in hot sauce.  I cooked it on the egg on direc at about 400.  When done, I added my PS and stone and let it get to 525-550.  I sliced the chicken very thin and before the final layer of cheese, put a little dab of hot soauce on each piece of chicken.

Man, it was tasty!  I fell in love with this style pizza about 10 years ago in rhode island and have been chasing it ever since.  I think I found it!

Next time I would probably add ranch or blue cheese crumbles after it cooked.

With the extra dough I had, I tried garlic knots.  I drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with garlic powder (again, lazy, I didn't feel like using fresh garlic this time but have in the past).  Not too shabby either!

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Sounds very tasty. I'm all about Trader Joe $1.29 dough. It ends up making 2 thin crust pizzas. I'm all about being lazy with pizza dough. Lazy = extra beer time!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Great job on the pizza, even if you say you took a lazy way out. Been too long since I've done one of those. Now I want that for dinner.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Doesn't sound at all lazy to me.  It sounds genius and looks even better!   Lazy is ordering Papa Johns ;)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• busmania
    busmania Posts: 414
    Options

Thanks!  I think it is the first picture I have actually posted of my food! 

I was being somewhat sarcastic on the 'lazy' part!  The whole process took 2 + hours so it wasn't really lazy but I was lazy in using garlic powder, premade dough etc.  I already want another one!

• Dannyo14
    Options
    All is good. I  like to add some blue cheese crumbles and celery to the top.  Blue cheese just adds to the goodness and the celery gives a nice crunch.
  • GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,365
    Options
    I have made this a few times. 

For a sauce I mix franks hot sauce with a thick blue cheese dressing and taste it adding more hot sauce until I like the taste. 

Spread the sauce on a thin crust I make myself (lots of recipies here). 

Layer of 3 cheese pizza cheese, grilled chicken breast tossed in franks and chopped. 

Add some bacon and maybe some pepperoni and top with a bit more cheese (I like a bit of shredded cheddar as well). I usually add some olives and onions for added flavour.  

Egg at 550 with plate setter legs up, grill, then a few small bricks to raise a smaller grill above the felt line (about 3"s) with stone on top. 

Here is the most important part, assemble on parchment paper !!! 

Toss some corn meal on the stone, after about 5 minutes pull the parchment paper out from under the stone. 

Watch from the top for the cheese to start to brown and you are done! 

Let it cool for a couple of minutes before cutting it, it will stay together better and not burn the roof of your mouth. 

I also use a laser thermometer to monitor the temperature of the stone before the pie goes on and to check the temp of the pie before I take it off. You can just shoot the laser in the top vent without opening the lid. 

I made a "meat lovers" last evening, here's the pics. Fwiw, I had lots of trouble in the past and figured out what works best for me from this site!  
    0.jpg 11.6K
    01.jpg 13.9K
    In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario