Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Adjustable Rig from Ceramic Grill Store

Just placed my order for the XL Woo 2 / Adjustable Rig combo from Tom. Can't wait to get it!! Ordered an additional oval grid for the top so it's interchangeable With the middle grate which will slide out. Ian thinking about 8 racks or so of Baby backs this Weekend to break it in!!!
XL BGE

Comments

• jtippers
    jtippers Posts: 512
    Nice! You will love it!
    SBGE December 2012 •  XLBGE December 2013 •  Yoder YS640 July

• Nice!
    Cherry Hill, NJ
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    I have no regrets on buying mine.

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • daffy1909
    daffy1909 Posts: 498
    How much $$$??? [-O< 8 racks at once would b great!!!
  • dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    I love mine - use it at least twice each week.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• daffy1909 said:
    How much $$$??? [-O< 8 racks at once would b great!!!
    ceramic grill store
    I have no affiliation but got some stuff there and it was made in USA stainless, great quality and shipped fast.
    Vision Classic 9/2013 - Newbie   Pearland TX (Got Humidity?)
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    @SPRIGS, don't forget to post pics of that cook.  I have the same setup, XL with AR/Woo combo.  Haven't had the need to cook 8-9 slabs of babybacks yet.  Been wanting to though.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• SPRIGS
    SPRIGS Posts: 482
    YEMTrey said:
    @SPRIGS, don't forget to post pics of that cook.  I have the same setup, XL with AR/Woo combo.  Haven't had the need to cook 8-9 slabs of babybacks yet.  Been wanting to though.

Will do.  This weekend may not work as a small get together of some of my friends to help eat them likely won't happen.  But I am really looking forward to the increased cooking capacity potential. 
    XL BGE
  • I just ordered an AR with grids for my XL too. Looking forward to cooking a plethora of meat in the near future! The lady thinks I'm nuts!
    Houston, TX
  • six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    edited October 2013
     I rarely take my rig out of my XL. I have cooked a ton of food on it. Did 20 ribeyes one time. Another time did 6 racks of St louis style ribs. I even put my 20" CI pan on bottom grill and still used AR. Still another time did 5 spatchcock chickens, 5 pounds baked tators, 40 stuffed mushrooms and 40 or so ABTs, sweet tators and squash. It was packed that day.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    edited October 2013

SPRIGS said:
    Just placed my order for the XL Woo 2 / Adjustable Rig combo from Tom. Can't wait to get it!! Ordered an additional oval grid for the top so it's interchangeable With the middle grate which will slide out. Ian thinking about 8 racks or so of Baby backs this Weekend to break it in!!!
    Why didnt you just get the 20" round grate for the top? 

Thats what I ordered. Just want to hear how you plan to use it. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • bicktrav
    bicktrav Posts: 640
    How long does it take for the rig to arrive after an order has been placed? 
    Southern California
  • GATABITES
    I ordered my XL rig on Friday and it will be here tomorrow. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • I like your style six egg! I may never cook that much at a single sitting but at least I can sleep at night knowing I have the capability!
    Houston, TX
  • SPRIGS
    GATABITES said:

SPRIGS said:

Just placed my order for the XL Woo 2 / Adjustable Rig combo from Tom.
    Can't wait to get it!! Ordered an additional oval grid for the top so it's interchangeable
    With the middle grate which will slide out. Ian thinking about 8 racks or so of Baby backs this
    Weekend to break it in!!!

Why didnt you just get the 20" round grate for the top? 

Thats what I ordered. Just want to hear how you plan to use it. 

I saw a YouTube video where the guy had 2 oval racks. He could switch the middle grid with the top grid to even out cooking temps etc during the cook without having to move the food. Simply moved the positions of the racks. Thought it was a good idea. Maybe not.
    XL BGE
  • Alright! I ordered an AR for my XL on Monday and it arrived on Wednesday! It looks really good! One question though, when I placed it directly on the fire ring the diameter doesn't seem to be wide enough. When positioned carefully it does sit ok but the diameter seems like it could be wider by about an inch in order to remain stable and not slip. It seems wide enough to where it won't fall into the fire but if moved or bumped during a cook it seems like it could slip and tilt. Maybe I'm just being paranoid. Anyone had any problems like this? I'll probably have it sitting on my XL grid anyways. Thanks in advance!
    Houston, TX
  • GATABITES
    I ordered an XL rig too. Can you take a pic so I can see what you are referring too

Mine arrived today but im not home to give a complete inspection. I am going to test fit mine tonight when I get home. If its not too late I am going to test it out with a raised direct cook. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • Orthobear said:
    Alright! I ordered an AR for my XL on Monday and it arrived on Wednesday! It looks really good! One question though, when I placed it directly on the fire ring the diameter doesn't seem to be wide enough. When positioned carefully it does sit ok but the diameter seems like it could be wider by about an inch in order to remain stable and not slip. It seems wide enough to where it won't fall into the fire but if moved or bumped during a cook it seems like it could slip and tilt. Maybe I'm just being paranoid. Anyone had any problems like this? I'll probably have it sitting on my XL grid anyways. Thanks in advance!
    It should be placed on the grate.
  • Ok thanks Jerold! I thought I read on their website that it could be placed directly on the fire box. Either way I'm definitely pumped to give it a shot!
    Houston, TX
  • Here you go Gatabites
    Houston, TX
  • Gatabites, since you may be using yours tonight I also wanted to let you know I set mine up indirect. It fit well and dome closed fine. I did set my MFT on the top grid and figured out that anything being cooked there needs to be deeper than the 7th cross bar in order for the dome to close without interfering with the dome thermometer. Let me know how it goes!
    Houston, TX
  • GATABITES
    @orthobear - yeah, mine is the same way when its sitting directly on the fire ring. I dont think it will fall into the fire though. When I dropped mine in i immediately thought about what you said in your earlier post. I pushed it around and think it may be fine. 

I havent played around with an indirect set up yet. I am going to throw a few wings on tonight. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • GATABITES
    so you did get the 20" round too, huh? 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • SPRIGS
    GATABITES said:

so you did get the 20" round too, huh? 

I didn't - swapped an extra oval for the round. But have a feeling I will be ordering it too! Ha
    XL BGE
  • Yes I got the 20 round too but I like Sprigs' idea of getting another oval so you can swap racks with ease. Looking forward to hear how the wings turned out.
    Houston, TX
  • Deckhand
    Deckhand Posts: 318
    I got the AR with 3 oval racks, the slide guide, the oval fram to make a drip pan from foil... and the oval stone.  The oval stone shields slabs perfectly but if I need to have meat on 3 racks at once, I use the spider and the pizza stone.  Love the versatility.  And, yes, I would like the XL.
  • SPRIGS
    Just received mine.  Can"t wait to try it out.  For some reason I was thinking the slide guide and oval rack all slid in and out together and would be held in place when you pulled the rack out.  Unless I have it set up wrong, I can see the food falling off of the sliding oval grate if you pull it out too far.  Guess I was thinking you could slide the oval grate out, let go of it and leave it in the slid out position without worry about it falling.  Doesn't appear to be so.
    XL BGE