Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Is the brisket done

booksw
booksw Posts: 470
My whole packer is at 194 internal and it feels soft on the outside and the probe goes in pretty much like butter but does hit a little resistance- maybe less butter-like after about an inch from the edge.  I am sitting on the edge of not knowing when to pull it off.  I want it to be perfect and MOIST.

What should I do???  Thanks :)

Charleston, SC

L/MiniMax Eggs

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Is it probing like that in the flat? If so, my vote is for pulling and FTC for a few hours.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • booksw
    yes it is in the flat-  I have made the mistake of probing the point before and taking it off too early  Thanks!!! 
    Charleston, SC

L/MiniMax Eggs
  • booksw
    One other thing is that the meat has only been cooking for a total of 8.5 hours and I am wondering if I could keep it around 190 longer if that would result in meat that is more moist.
    Charleston, SC

L/MiniMax Eggs
  • booksw
    It is now foiled, wrapped in a towel, and in the cooler.  Dinner is at 7:30 (4.5 hours).  I'll come back and report with a moistness rating (I know it will taste great, just saying).  I am going to serve it with brown jasmine rice, a salad, and some other veggies- haven't figured that out yet.  Maybe I will leave the egg smoldering and crank it up later and throw on a squash like nbak4bbq posted about?
    Charleston, SC

L/MiniMax Eggs
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Sounds like a good plan. What time should we come over? :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • booksw
    come over now!!
    Charleston, SC

L/MiniMax Eggs