Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stuffed Peppers

Options
I used this recipe - Needed a little more flavor but they came out good.

• 6 large red peppers
  • 1 pound lean ground beef
  • 2 Italian Sausage patties
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tablespoons Cajun Rub
  • 2/3 cup prepared salsa or diced tomatoes with chiles
  • 1-1/2 cups grated Colby and Monterey Jack cheese

PREPARATION

1. Rinse each pepper well with cold running water. Cut each in half lengthwise, through the stem, and remove the seeds and ribs with a paring knife.

2. Make the stuffing: Brown the ground beef in a large frying pan, breaking it up with a wooden spoon. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the Cajun Rub, salsa, rice and cook until the flavors are blended, about 5 minutes.

3. Fill each pepper half with the stuffing.

4. When ready to cook, Set the temperature to 350 indirect - I added some Mesquite chips

5. Arrange the peppers on the grill grate, stuffing side up, balancing them between the rungs. Bake for 40 minutes. Sprinkle the grated cheese evenly over the peppers. Bake for 5 minutes more, or until the cheese is melted.

6. Transfer to a platter or plates and serve immediately.

The original recipe called for rice, beans and corn but since I am on a low carb diet I did not use these.  Was going to put in cauliflower rice but ran out of time.

Garnerville, NY

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    I so want to like this recipe, but I'm not a big fan of peppers. :( I've grown to like red, yellow and orange diced up in some recipes, but don't know if I could handle them whole. The rest of it sounds good and kuddos for ommitting the rice and beans and corn to stick to yuor low cal diet.I guess they would look good to somebody who like them.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Options
    The pepper was not that bad.  I am learning to like them.  I bet if  Iput some more hot sauce on the pepper parts I would not taste them.

Garnerville, NY
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    looks good, i like stuffed peppers, interesting you halved them , we stuff from the top, never thought to do it that way and it looks easier to clean.

@griffin
    we get the tomato from hollowing out tomatoes and stuffing those as well, stuffed tomatoes are good too
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Griffin   I am like you but found using poblano peppers works for me. Just stuff with his above or ??????.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• MrCookingNurse
    Options
    Looks great. Something I've always wanted to try but I'm with griffin and don't really like bell's

XLBGE 
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    Those look good. My mom made them when I was a kid. I'm gonna have to make some.

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    My wife's been nagging, era... Asking me to cook these. Thanks. Looks good.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN