Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

More bark, faster cooking?

Options
Has anyone made pulled pork from "pork steaks"? Like many, my favorite part of pulled pork is the bark and I am thinking that if I do low and slow on steaks that are a few inches think I can increase my bark/pulled pork ratio. Has anyone tried this? 

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Hi - I happen to be a super fan of pork steak - as long as it is thin! That gives a great bark per piece when fried. However to egg a large quantity of it for sake of making pulled pork with lots of bark just doesn't compute in my mind...but if you figure out how to do it I'll listen!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I haven't seen it but a good while back some one made it out of country ribs. It cooked in around an hour and they said it was just like pulled pork. I don't see why pork steak couldn't work. If you try country ribs, just make sure that they are shoulder and not loin.