Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New EGGsperimental Fire Roasted Veggie Pizzas

Options
Howdy,

Last night I decided to try a couple of new pizza ideas I came up with on the Egg. I was making 2 different fire roasted veggie pizzas.

These are all the different veggies I cooked on the Mini while the Large was hard at work heating up the pizza stone.

For both pizzas I made a sun-dried tomato and basil pesto sauce by first toasting some pine nuts, then tossing them into the blender with some fresh basil, olive oil, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic and asiago cheese.

The first pizza I made was a grilled Asparagus & Artichoke Heart pizza with caramalized onions, toasted pine nuts and goat cheese.

The second pizza was a roasted onion, red pepper, mushroom, tomato and zucchini pizza topped with fresh Brie.

Our friends made a great deconstructed tomato, cucumber and avocado salad and we served it up with some wine and good times!!!

These EGGsperimental pizzas are going into the rotation. Loved them both!!! I can`t believe I have never tried grilling artichoke hearts before! I hit them with just a squirt of lemon juice and olive oil and man they were good!!!

If you want to see all the pictures of the Mini at work check out my full blog post here

Thanks for lookin!
Brian
EGGhead from Winnipeg MB, Canada = WinnipEGGhead
wwww.winnipeggheads.com

Cooking on Mini, Large & XL Big Green Eggs

Comments

• revolver1
    Options
    Looks delicious.  
    Dan, Columbia,Mo.
  • DamageCase
    Options
    Thanks!!! I don't know why I haven't used Brie on a pizza before!!!  It was great!

Brian
    wwww.winnipeggheads.com

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Nice! I still can't get over the versatility of the egg, low n slow smoking all the way to high temp pizzas and everything in between.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • DamageCase
    Options
    Yeah no kidding! If it can be cooked indoors, it can be cooked on the Egg! It will just taste better on the Egg!!!

wwww.winnipeggheads.com

• bettyball
    Options
    Hi thanks for sharing such a huge list of discussion topic. It will definitely help user. Keep writing. Good luck

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,340
    Options
    Holy Bot Hell, Batman
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• jonessteave
    jonessteave Posts: 78
    edited May 2023
    Options

That sounds like a delicious experiment! Fire-roasted veggie pizzas can be incredibly flavorful and satisfying. It's great that you utilized your Egg grill to infuse a smoky and charred taste into the vegetables.

While you haven't specified which vegetables you used, there are several popular options for fire-roasted veggie pizzas. Some common choices include:

1. Bell Peppers: Roasting bell peppers over an open flame until the skin blackens and blisters can add a wonderful smoky flavor to your pizza here at vegetarische pizza

2. .

3. Eggplant: Sliced eggplant can be brushed with olive oil and grilled until tender and lightly charred.

4. Zucchini and Yellow Squash: These vegetables can be sliced lengthwise or into rounds and grilled until they develop grill marks and become slightly softened.

5. Red Onions: Grilling red onions can caramelize their sugars and bring out a sweet and smoky taste.

6. Tomatoes: Grilling tomatoes can intensify their flavor and give them a slightly smoky profile, which can work well in sauces or as toppings.

7. Mushrooms: Fire-roasting mushrooms can enhance their earthy taste and give them a meaty texture.

8. Corn: Grilling corn on the cob imparts a smoky flavor and adds a satisfying crunch to your pizza.

Remember to brush the vegetables with some olive oil, sprinkle them with salt and pepper, and adjust the grilling time according to the thickness of each vegetable slice.

Feel free to get creative with your toppings and sauces as well. Consider using a base of marinara sauce, pesto, or even a garlic-infused olive oil. You can also add cheese, such as mozzarella or feta, and finish off with fresh herbs like basil or parsley.

I hope your fire-roasted veggie pizzas turned out fantastic, and enjoy your culinary experiments on the Egg!

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,518
    Options
    I jinxed it when I said "I miss @jonessteave" in another thread. Always a link, lol
    canuckland