Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tru Que @ Home Depot Deal

Options
It may be too good of a deal but I stopped by the local Home Depot (Charlotte, NC) and they had 8.8 lb. bags of Tru Que lump for 1.97/bag.  Just wanted to pass this on to everyone.  If anyone is familiar with the product, feel free to describe your experience with the product to assist others.

Thanks,

BBQJDUB
BBQJDUB

Charlotte, NC

Comments

• revolver1
    Options
    Never heard of it.  Great deal.  Worth a try for that price. 
    Dan, Columbia,Mo.
  • revolver1
    Options
    Get a few of them and try one.  Use the rest for clean burns if you don't like it. 
    Dan, Columbia,Mo.
  • QDude
    QDude Posts: 1,052
    Options
    Others are reporting it to be worthless!

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.

• BBQJDUB
    Options
    Thanks for the updates...I picked up a few bags but that's a great idea for the clean burns.  I'll let you guys know once I use it....

Thanks
    BBQJDUB

Charlotte, NC
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    I picked up two bags at my local HD for $4 a bag, which was half off.  Found it a little harder to get lit and burning than my go to Kroger lump.  Reviews say it's kind of on the smoky side.  It did take awhile to get to a clean burn, but once there, it was fine.  I went back a week later and they were all sold out of it.  I liked the size of the chunks.  It was not scrap but looked liked limbs.  A good buy.  I will seek out other HD in the area and try to find some more.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009