Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Egg ... New Table (pics)

"Long time listener .... first time caller"     wait,  that's something different. 

I'm new to the website!  I bought an BGE this weekend and with a lot of help from a neighbor (Russ) I was able to make my own table with wheels.  As my first sentence says, I've been trolling the website for a few weeks getting ideas and stealing ideas.  Thanks to everyone who's posted.  I've been able to take a little bit away from each person's experiences.  It's nice to know there are so many like minded people out there!

Scott

Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. -  John Wayne

Comments

• Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    congrats on the Egg!
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • Congrats and Welcome!!

I like what you've built.  I want to build one with an open front like that so it will be easier to get in and out.  I wouldn't move mine off of the table very often, but I do a couple of competitions a year. It will be nice to be able to put it back in the nest and vehicle for those purposes.
    Large BGE Decatur, AL
  • shurt
    shurt Posts: 13
    I have NO mad carpenter skills and thought this might be easier for us to make.  It works and works for me.  Again, I copied off others people who have done the same thing on this website and owe the idea to them!  I LOVE this site.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Welcome. Looks good now get cooking.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Love your setup and definitely that target sign. Watcha cooking tonight? :)
    LBGE Virginia Beach, Virginia
  • Good looking setup !  Relaxing, sipping some adult beverages while watching the Egg.  Life is good !

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Nice, very similar to a design I have in my head. What part of IN are you in?

LBGE

BTFU!

• minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Nice Egg and nest. Sure like your beer fridge in the garage too! 
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035

Congrats on the new egg.  There is nothing like a new egg!

Geaux Tigers!

The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • shurt
    shurt Posts: 13
    Hankyorke said:
    Nice, very similar to a design I have in my head. What part of IN are you in?

Evansville ......    where men are men and sheep are scared!
  • Very nice setup!
    Cherry Hill, NJ
  • DMurf
    DMurf Posts: 481
    Welcome! I like your table setup, I really need to get off the fence and just go and build a table.
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
  • bueno
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
  • Looks great. Is the sign referring to what's in the egg or in your house?  Some food off of the egg might be worth the risk. :))

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Looks good!  Congrats on the new egg and table. 

Just a thought- I'm wondering if you could install some kind of safety bar across the front.  Since it looks like the cart is "mobile" it might be worth it.  Maybe just some eye screws in the wood and a length of chain? 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Great job on the table, looks great, how do you keep your garage so clean and cluter free.  I saw the frig and storage box on wheels.  I think that is also something I might want to strive for.

You will enjoy your grill for years.

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Welcome!

I like the idea of the open space in front too. Just a thought (and I'm no expert) but should you install a vertical post/support at the "hanging" corners in front - the corners of the table top nearest the egg in front? Seems like it would make it more sturdy.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.