Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

London Broil

Options
Picked up a CAB London broil on a market special this morning. It is a small one. Just barely over one pound. How do I marinade, season, and cook it? Like a steak? Indirect? Raised direct? How is it done? Where is the LB pro @hapster ?

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

Comments

• Little Steven
    Options
    In Canada London Broil is a flank stuffed with sausage rolled and cut into individual servings. US London broil is a cut from the round. I know it is cooked hot and fast but that's all I know.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options

shtgunal3 said:
    Picked up a CAB London broil on a market special this morning. It is a small one. Just barely over one pound. How do I marinade, season, and cook it? Like a steak? Indirect? Raised direct? How is it done? Where is the LB pro @hapster ?
    LOL...

I do it pretty much like a big steak... nice coating of Montreal Steak seasoning or the rub of your choice. If you have a spider and CI grate, perfect. Get it right above the coals and then give it 4-5min a side and then flip. Once you have it done on both sides, move it up to a raised direct position if possible and do it at about 8min a side while checking for temp. With the egg at about 375 - 400... keep flipping every 5-8 min till the IT is 135-138. Take it off and let it rest for about 15 min or so and you should be good!
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    Awesome @hapster thanks.

You ever tried marinating in allegro or anything?

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    I like to marinate in oil, honey, garlic and soy. Cook it direct (the honey creates a nice bark) to rare/med rare. Slice thin across the grain.
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options
    I have marinated it in a chimichurri sauce (12-24hrs) then removed all of the "green" before cooking.  Cook hot (5-650) until desired temp (we like it pushing medium).  Then serve with chimichurri on the side as a dip.... YYYUUUUUMMMMMM!!!!!!

sides: grilled asparagus, fresh tomato slices, corn-on-the-cob. 
  • radamo
    radamo Posts: 373
    Options
    @Tjcoley made a good point... Remember to cut across the grain.  You will wind up with much tenderer slices.  LB tends to be a bit tougher than some other cuts.  But it can be very tasty.  

Long Island, NY