Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - My first car

13»

Comments

• 1953 Buick Roadmaster four door, three tone green and two hundred pounds of chrome. Father bought it used for the third car in the household.
    Billy
    Wilson, NC
    Large BGE - WiFi Stoker - Thermapen - 250 Cookbooks

• GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Transportation to the beach was a 50 cc scooter followed by a 1965 yellow mustang without air in Florida. Scooter was cooler to drive - more air flow.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • BREWnQ
    BREWnQ Posts: 219
    Worked at a tire shop so this was a frequent sighting.  
    Brewer, BBQer, Softballer, RCer, Father, HomeTheaterer, and trouble maker.
    Orange, CA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    anyone here crazy enough to take a dodge dart uo to 120 and slam it in reverse for the worlds longest rollback
    :D then do it again and again
    :))
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • 70chevelle
    70chevelle Posts: 280

MY first car was a 1971 Monte Carlo, but prior to turning 16 I painted and did bodywork to buy my first car.  The first car a 'refurbed' was a 1974 Nova that my dad bought for $100 and sold for $1200.  After that, his buddies had me working their cars all summer.  It was good practice for my Monte Carlo.  It had 140,000 miles when I bought it and occasionally bent a pushrod, so I kept a bag of them in the trunk to change out. :D   I sold that car for college money and bought a 1974 Chevelle Laguna S-3 with a 400 small block, swivel buckets and an awesome 8-track.  I quickly got it looking presentable with white paint, burgundy stripes and an L88 hood scoop.  I've had many cars since, but the memorables have been:

1970 Chevelle that I redid from the ground up.  I've owned it for 19 years.

1970 Mercedes 280SL.  I planned on redoing it from the ground up, but a guy from Astoria NY made me an offer I couldn't refuse!image 

• Awesome 8-track?
    Flint, Michigan