Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Finally finished my BGE/Primo XL custom table/cart

Options
Started this over 10 months ago. Life has a tendency to get in the way of the of projects that you really want to finish...AND use!  Frame is constructed with Cedar 4x6, 4x4 and 2x4 lumber fastened with the Kreg HD system.  Rolls on (Six) 5" Industrial casters.(Hidden by the bottom skirt)  With cedar lap siding on outside that also lines both grill shelves.  Made large drawers extra deep and wide for all my "grilling stuff" (no stacking required!) Topped with Granite on all top surfaces. Re-purposed our old patio table umbrella.  Has two coats of outdoor spar varnish. BIG thanks for all of the tables/carts on this forum for some of the great design! 
Ken   

Comments

• s_austin_egger
    Options
    Beautiful job. How do you like the Primo?
  • Grill Sargent
    Options
    Thanks. I like it.  Feel blessed to have these awesome grills!
  • stripedegg
    Options

Started this over 10 months ago. Life has a tendency to get in the way of the of projects that you really want to finish...AND use!  Frame is constructed with Cedar 4x6, 4x4 and 2x4 lumber fastened with the Kreg HD system.  Rolls on (Six) 5" Industrial casters.(Hidden by the bottom skirt)  With cedar lap siding on outside that also lines both grill shelves.  Made large drawers extra deep and wide for all my "grilling stuff" (no stacking required!) Topped with Granite on all top surfaces. Re-purposed our old patio table umbrella.  Has two coats of outdoor spar varnish. BIG thanks for all of the tables/carts on this forum for some of the great design! 

Ken   
    Grill Sargent....I'm a table builder myself and I know how long it takes to build right. My hat is off to you on your table and design. Question...how did you make the drawers? Preassembled? That's the area in struggle with. Awesome table!!
    The Nest Whisperer
  • robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Options
    WOW - That is exactly what I want but without the grills on it.  Just the cabinet - the drawers.

Do you have any pics of the construction?

Garnerville, NY
  • tamu2009
    tamu2009 Posts: 387
    Options
    very nice.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Options
    Very Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• JwgreDeux
    JwgreDeux Posts: 139
    Options
    A table that beautiful deserves a worthy umbrella.
  • webeinky
    webeinky Posts: 10
    Options
    What a great table!! I have been struggling to figuring out how I want my table to be when i get around to building it in a few months. I love the drawers seems to be much more versatile then doors and piling everything on everything else. Makes it a lot easier to get to also.

Thanks for the inspiration 
  • Grill Sargent
    Options
    JwgreDeux said:
    Agreed I'm looking for a nice rectangular one right now.  Old one too small.
  • Grill Sargent
    Options
    webeinky said:
    What a great table!! I have been struggling to figuring out how I want my table to be when i get around to building it in a few months. I love the drawers seems to be much more versatile then doors and piling everything on everything else. Makes it a lot easier to get to also.

Thanks for the inspiration 

Thanks! One advantage of this taking so long was that I made a few "engineering" changes along the way, the bottom center drawer was one of them.  BTW the racks were purchased and are bendable about six bucks a piece, from bed bath & beyond. Plastic coated. 

• Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    JwgreDeux said:
    Here is an umbrella but not on a egg table
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Options
    Nice looking table.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Grill Sargent
    Options
    Nice looking table.
    Thanks Cortguitarman!  I'm a fellow player and builder of acoustics.
  • Grill Sargent
    Options
    Ken   
    Grill Sargent....I'm a table builder myself and I know how long it takes to build right. My hat is off to you on your table and design. Question...how did you make the drawers? Preassembled? That's the area in struggle with. Awesome table!!
    Left you a post on your page in regards to your questions.
  • hunter240
    Options
    Nice table! Can you share the table dimensions? I have a BGE and want to add XL Primo to mix and need help designing table. Any changes you would make?
    Again, Nice Table
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,036
    Options
    Zombie thread alert ;)

Is a beautiful table though.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • jarc
    jarc Posts: 241
    Options
    Well done.

LBGE

Misplaced Cajun-----Blytheville, AR

• 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Options
    Great looking table.  Awesome!   Congrats and enjoy that bad boy.  
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Jam-up job! :clap: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL