Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Big Cook

Options
Cooper772
Cooper772 Posts: 13
So this is what I have been up to today. This is my third time doing pork butt, but first time doing more then one. These are for a party my fire dept. is having on Thursday, I'm guessing somewhere around 25 lbs.  right now im at the 12 hr mark, and the egg has been doing great. I set the remote up to let me know when the pit temp gets below 215 and above 260. so far its been staying 220's to 240's with no effort from me. The back butt is injected with Chris Lilly's world championship pork shoulder injection. I have never injected one before so this will be a good test of how much difference it makes (if any). Fist pick is around 8 a.m. when i put them on, second is around 2 p.m food temp. was about 151 at that time. Just checked them and sprayed them with apple juice at the 12 hr mark, and temp was 179 (sorry no pic, but ill take a pic as they come off) survived the stall, which is not that scary since I know what to expect from all the post I have read on here and form now doing a couple. Currently the meat is at 182, getting close!!! Oh yeah, it smells AWESOME!!!

Comments