Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Ribs & ATB

Options
ESTBoat
ESTBoat Posts: 11
Another great cook tonight. I've cooked ribs for years in the oven but these were my first on the BGE. I cooked at 375 indirect for 3 hrs with apple wood. The temp temp held steady between 375 and 400 till the last half hour when the temp spiked to 450. I shut the daisy wheel almost all the way and closes the bottom to about 1/4". I got the temp back down to 390 by the time I pulled them off. The ribs had an awesome bark and where nice and tender. I think next time I will try 250 for 5 hrs to see how that turns out. image The ATB's are cream cheese, shredded Mexican blend cheese, Jimmy Deans Spicy Sausage, and Dizzy Pig Cow Lick.I put them on for the last hour of the rib cook. They turned out great. Bacon was nice and crispy and just enough spice. image Can't wait for Saturday and cooking hamburger's and hot dog's for 35 adults and kids at my son's birthday. So happy I got my egg. The forum has been great for learning about temp control and everything else that would make for a steep learning curve. image
Eastern Shore, MD - XL

Comments