Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cheesy Garlic Bread (Pics)

Options
Tjcoley
Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
edited August 2013 in EggHead Forum
Seeing a lot of different recipes for this on the inter webs and thought I'd try it. Start with a round loaf of Italian or Sourdough bread.  Make cuts part way through, about an inch from the bottom, in a cross hatch pattern, about 3/4 inch apart.

Pour garlic butter into all the crevices

Wrap in foil, and place on a 350 Egg indirect for 15 minutes.  Add a couple pork tenderloins for protein, and used my pizza stone so I had an indirect area for the bread, and direct for the pork - more on that later.

After 15 minutes, off comes the bread.  Unwrap it, and sprinkle cheese (I
used a cheddar mozza mix).  Make sure you get cheese in all the valleys and on top. 

While sprinkling the cheese, let the Egg go up to 450.  Place the unwrapped bread back on the Egg until the cheese is melted and bubbly.

Let cool for a couple minutes, then just pull off a piece and enjoy.  Pork was pulled at 140 IT and turned out good as well

Now, back the pizza stone I used to create an indirect cook - I now have a half moon stone to use for direct/indirect cooks

Dessert version of the bread coming this weekend.

Comments